Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:45 PM

Mein Auto: misc
Availibility of manual trans in 335xi?

I posted this over in the dealer forum but figured I would share here as well.

I am looking into ordering a 335XI m-sport line with the manual trans option (which seems to be available per the 2013 order guide and car config on BMW site).

Issue is my local dealer is claiming that they have been unable to order this combo for another customer despite the order guide saying it is ok. They claim it is only possible to order a RWD manual car.

I am probably going to wait another month or two before ordering to see what the 435i looks like and how far away things like x-drive and m-sport are from being available. But in the mean time it would be good to know whether I can get a manual trans in an xi sedan if I go that route.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 02-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Pedant and Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 335d
You can order ZMT on bmwconfig.com
At least for the 2013 sedan - don't forget that you can't order the 4-series coupe, yet; might be prohibited on the E92 coupe...
Old 02-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'13 F30 RWD
Considering there are members here with 6mt X-drive 335's, I smell BS.

E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@13lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: ForgeStar F14 19's summer-OZ Superleggera 17's winter/Rogue Catback/Integral Audio/AFE intake scoop/BMS stage 1
Old 02-19-2013, 04:01 PM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classj View Post

I am looking into ordering a 335XI m-sport line with the manual trans option (which seems to be available per the 2013 order guide and car config on BMW site).

Issue is my local dealer is claiming that they have been unable to order this combo for another customer despite the order guide saying it is ok. They claim it is only possible to order a RWD manual car.

I am probably going to wait another month or two before ordering to see what the 435i looks like and how far away things like x-drive and m-sport are from being available. But in the mean time it would be good to know whether I can get a manual trans in an xi sedan if I go that route.

Thanks
The 335i xDrive IS available with a stick as the dealer I bought my 328i xDrive had one on the lot! That being said, dealers have a small allotment of 335s and the delivery is rather long (it seems most 335s are South African builds). If it is a smaller dealer you could be in for a 3-4 month or longer wait and they may not want to have a stick shift sitting on the lot if you back out. Call another dealer close by and see what they say.

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats
Old 02-19-2013, 04:32 PM

Thanks guys. It should be no big deal providing the allocation is avail. This is a pretty big dealer in NJ (typically stocks a few hundred cars), so it surprised me that they could not get an order in for a stick car. When I bought my wife's auto E90 it was an in stock car from this dealer and everything went ok but I am not sure how up to speed on custom orders they are.

I am just starting to look at various options now so time is no big deal. Agreed it is still TBD as to what the 4 series is going to be avail with.

The sales adviser I spoke to this morning claimed to have an Estoril blue 335 m sport car (AUTO TRANS) in the showroom today. I made an appt to go look at it after work to see the color and such and the minute I got in the dealer I was told it was sold and moved to the warehouse. Not exactly off on the right foot.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:41 PM

Mein Auto: '13 328i
Otto's BMW in West Chester has an Estoril Blue 335xi Stick fairly well loaded. It was the one that was at the auto show. I drove it this weekend... Amazing. If it had a backup camera it would be mine right now.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 PM

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately that's a couple hours away but if I get desperate it might be worth checking into.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Life in da fast lane!

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport 6MT
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately that's a couple hours away but if I get desperate it might be worth checking into.
Don't ever settle for anything with less than 3 pedals.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:25 PM

Agreed!

Seems like the few dealers I called so far looking for a stick car to drive could really care less though. The minute I mention that I am looking for a stick car, and want to order it, the dealer's interest seems to wane. I have a feeling this will be the first car I order with very little idea of what it will feel like when it comes in. Somewhat scary. I guess over the next few months if I manage to drive a stick 335 of any drive arrangement, and a dynamic suspension xi car to see how that feels and whether it is worth ordering, I will have a pretty good idea.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Salz und Pfeffer

Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i
Quote:
Agreed!

Seems like the few dealers I called so far looking for a stick car to drive could really care less though. The minute I mention that I am looking for a stick car, and want to order it, the dealer's interest seems to wane. I have a feeling this will be the first car I order with very little idea of what it will feel like when it comes in. Somewhat scary. I guess over the next few months if I manage to drive a stick 335 of any drive arrangement, and a dynamic suspension xi car to see how that feels and whether it is worth ordering, I will have a pretty good idea.
Why not contacting one of the board sponsors and looking into ED?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:48 PM

That's going to happen for sure. I am not interested in the ED per say but will reach out to a sponsor at some point. Right now I don't want to start driving dealers too crazy since I am shopping a couple different car options, waiting for the production details on the F32 to come out, and am not in a rush per say.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Contact Roxanne Roche over at BMW of Rockville in MD. She should be able to order it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 02-19-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM

Mein Auto: '13 335i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Contact Roxanne Roche over at BMW of Rockville in MD. She should be able to order it for you.
I've heard nothing but bad things about that dealership. I take it you had a positive experience?

2013 335i Sport Line PPK | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZDH | ZCW | 2TB | ZTP | ZPP | 508+3AG | 5AC
Old 02-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC View Post
I've heard nothing but bad things about that dealership. I take it you had a positive experience?
I had a great experience with Roxanne Roche. My family has been with her for years, and she ordered my M3. It couldn't of been any better. With the new ownership, you don't need an appointment for service, you just take your car in. You also have BMW loaners compared to what use to be Enterprise that gave you a Chevrolet. They've given me a great experience every single time. Roxanne takes care of her clients.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 02-19-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:53 AM
Donkeybike?

Mein Auto: HP2Sport - R1200GS - F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
The 335i xDrive IS available with a stick as the dealer I bought my 328i xDrive had one on the lot! That being said, dealers have a small allotment of 335s and the delivery is rather long (it seems most 335s are South African builds). If it is a smaller dealer you could be in for a 3-4 month or longer wait and they may not want to have a stick shift sitting on the lot if you back out. Call another dealer close by and see what they say.
I was under the impression that all manual transmission cars are built in Germany, not SA.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:15 AM
Salz und Pfeffer

Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioK View Post
I was under the impression that all manual transmission cars are built in Germany, not SA.
I never heard of this, source?
Old 02-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Donkeybike?

My CA said this.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:39 AM

Mein Auto: '13 328i
I've heard exactly the opposite from dealers - manual transmissions are built primarily in SA.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:44 AM

Mein Auto: '10 E91 328i
For what it's worth, I took delivery of a 335i 6MT in Estoril Blue just yesterday. It was a Munich build. Ordered in December, production started late January, delivered to the dealer this past Monday. Mine is RWD, not XDrive, though.

Jeff J
Old 02-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Donkeybike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiani View Post
I've heard exactly the opposite from dealers - manual transmissions are built primarily in SA.
Interesting. My 328i (manual trans) was built in Germany.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Life in da fast lane!

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioK View Post
Interesting. My 328i (manual trans) was built in Germany.
+1

I think that CA had it backwards.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:00 PM

All good stuff guys. Thanks! I am going to another dealer today who claims to have an m sport car in the showroom and another outside. Hopefully I can test drive one of them to at least see what the suspension feels like even though they are both automatics. I am on the fence about the dynamic handling package but that is another story for another thread.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Donkeybike?

I'd strongly advise climbing up and over the fence and get it.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:37 PM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:

Thanks
Let's get back to the point, a 335 xDrive DOES comes with a stick The dealer will have an allotment for you to buy what you want! The car may be built in Germany or South Africa (SA), the only difference will be is the build location may affect the delivery time. Now the hard part, the goal is to be less than $500 over invoice. go to BMWconfig.com and build the car you want and negotiate with the dealer. Good luck!

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats
Old 02-20-2013, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the addl info. I went to another dealer tonight and all went well.

They had an EB M sport 335xi loaded with just about everything so I could check out all the options. I test drove that and it felt great.

The dynamic handling package felt great compared to the last 328xi I drove.

Ordering a stick car is no problem with these guys.

So as far as a sedan is concerned I would just need to pick colors and finalize options.

Only thing holding me back is the 435 concept photos. Don't want to kick myself in only two months time.