Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:06 PM
BMW Platinum VisaŽ Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfh View Post
Ah, right, I didn't pick up on that.

So if it's four weeks from production start to end of prep--does that include delivery to the dealer? Or would that be additional time? I guess this means my car has to be done before January 31 for me to have a prayer of getting it in suburban Chicago before March 1.
February 5 would make March 1.

1 week to get on a boat. 1 week on the water. 1 week prep/transport.

All are approximates, but ballpark. Decent ballpark.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House
Old 01-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Forget that for a minute.

I'm looking at your signature. Does your car have automatic transmission? Because if it does, I'm fairly confident you can be in your car by this Saturday, Monday at the latest.

BJ
What? How??

My car has Sports Automatic Transmission with paddle shifters which I can go without. I just got them cuz they looked cool..

You know a local dealer that has the same exact set up as my signature?

2013 328i Sedan | ULEV N20 | M Sport Line | Estoril Blue II | Black Dakota Leather | Premium Package |
Technology Package | Driver Assistance Package | Dynamic Handling Package | Lighting Package |
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound | Sport Automatic Transmission with Shift Paddles | Anti Theft Alarm |
Port install: BMW M Performance Exhaust |
Old 01-16-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapdolee View Post
What? How??

My car has Sports Automatic Transmission with paddle shifters which I can go without. I just got them cuz they looked cool..

You know a local dealer that has the same exact set up as my signature?
I don't know specifically, but I bet if you emailed a 50 mile radius of BMW dealers you'd find the exact car or something damn close.

Understand that every day cars that were ordered arrive at dealerships and buyers who were very eager two months earlier back out at the last minute. So it very well may be that someone else wanted a 328i M-Sport with the same options you have and its sitting on some dealers lot waiting for you to come and take it. And if you can't find the identical car, you will find something very close and then it will be up to you. Wait almost two months to get your car or take one this weekend minus a feature for less money.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House
Old 01-16-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I don't know specifically, but I bet if you emailed a 50 mile radius of BMW dealers you'd find the exact car or something damn close.

Understand that every day cars that were ordered arrive at dealerships and buyers who were very eager two months earlier back out at the last minute. So it very well may be that someone else wanted a 328i M-Sport with the same options you have and its sitting on some dealers lot waiting for you to come and take it. And if you can't find the identical car, you will find something very close and then it will be up to you. Wait almost two months to get your car or take one this weekend minus a feature for less money.

BJ
oh I see. Thanks for the suggestion. I will email every dealer within 50 mile radius right now to find out. I think there are 5 dealers within that range but one I'm already done with.. Another most likely won't give good price. They said 1100 over invoice on a 3 series was an "extremely aggressive" deal that they can neither beat nor match.

I searched on the forums before for a good dealership around Houston and it seems there is none. All of them have bad reviews. But doesn't hurt to try.

2013 328i Sedan | ULEV N20 | M Sport Line | Estoril Blue II | Black Dakota Leather | Premium Package |
Technology Package | Driver Assistance Package | Dynamic Handling Package | Lighting Package |
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound | Sport Automatic Transmission with Shift Paddles | Anti Theft Alarm |
Old 01-16-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
oh I see. Thanks for the suggestion. I will email every dealer within 50 mile radius right now to find out. I think there are 5 dealers within that range but one I'm already done with.. Another most likely won't give good price. They said 1100 over invoice on a 3 series was an "extremely aggressive" deal that they can neither beat nor match.

I searched on the forums before for a good dealership around Houston and it seems there is none. All of them have bad reviews. But doesn't hurt to try.
Then do the entire state of Texas. Arkansas and Louisiana too. Something you can do in a day by car or plane, pick it up, and drive it back home. Email them the truth, give them what your paying, tell them you already have an order, tell them your inpatient and would rather buy the car closer to home. All true, all very honorable. Bad reviews don't matter unless you're talking about the service department. The sales department is all about volume. You already have a deal in place, somewhere in your geography someone will match it, trust me.

Lets save some time, get you in a car by Monday.

BJ

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 01-16-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Then do the entire state of Texas. Arkansas and Louisiana too. Something you can do in a day by car or plane, pick it up, and drive it back home. Email them the truth, give them what your paying, tell them you already have an order, tell them your inpatient and would rather buy the car closer to home. All true, all very honorable. Bad reviews don't matter unless you're talking about the service department. The sales department is all about volume. You already have a deal in place, somewhere in your geography someone will match it, trust me.

Lets save some time, get you in a car by Monday.

BJ
Thanks BJ,
I just sent over 15 emails as you suggested. We'll see what they get back to me with.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Thanks BJ,
I just sent over 15 emails as you suggested. We'll see what they get back to me with.
When two of them respond "We have your car but without the paddles, we'll sell it to you for $800 less than the one you ordered, you can pick it up on Saturday" what are you going to tell them?

BJ

Old 01-16-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Thanks BJ,
Houston:

http://www.autonation.com/index.cfm?...st&PhotoType=0

Dallas:

http://www.autonation.com/index.cfm?...st&PhotoType=0

BJ

Old 01-17-2013, 06:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
YAY!

My car is in production. Estimated completion date is 1/24.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
YAY!

Congrats.

It is customary upon completion to go to your BMW dealer and start shopping the accessories counter.

BJ

Old 01-17-2013, 10:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i sport line
Quote:
YAY!

HI' FIVE!

Looks like we should be getting them approximately at the same time. Wanna do PCD with me?

Old 01-17-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
When two of them respond "We have your car but without the paddles, we'll sell it to you for $800 less than the one you ordered, you can pick it up on Saturday" what are you going to tell them?

BJ
I would say yes! I'll be there on Saturday.
So far, I've gotten two responses back but both said they don't have one or a similar one in their lot right now.. hmm..

Also, I was approved by BMWFS to lease a vehicle from that particular dealership I'm working with. When I chose to move to another dealership, do I have to reapply for credit?

Thanks.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:10 AM

Thanks BJ,
It looks like you posted two of the same links though.
The car has M sport package, premium package, and Tech package but is missing some of the options that are must haves for me. For one, not having xenons is a deal breaker. I remember going to three local dealership and wondering why almost none of them have xenons... Is this common for all dealerships? I also really wanted dynamic handling and driver assistance package.

Thanks for searching the cars for me but I don't think waiting 7 weeks for a vehicle with the exact options that I wanted is too bad.

Also I prefer not to have to drive to an out of state dealership and drive back long distance on a new car. I personally have never driven long distance before but I have a friend who drove from LA to Houston straight for 25 hours last year. He took five 5 hour energy drinks and took one every five hours. When he got back though, his car was all messed up and he had to take it to the mechanic.

Last edited by kkapdolee; 01-17-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM

wow another dealer just responded and said, " I would love to assist you however there are only 6 cars in the country with the options and equipment plus some that meet your criteria. From CA to VA and it would cost approx. $750-1000 to transport these vehicles cross country."

Old 01-17-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
wow another dealer just responded and said, " I would love to assist you however there are only 6 cars in the country with the options and equipment plus some that meet your criteria. From CA to VA and it would cost approx. $750-1000 to transport these vehicles cross country."
Well, start negotiating and buy a one-way plane ticket.

If the exact car I wanted was in Chicago and it would save me 7 weeks of delivery time, I'd make a nice long weekend out of it, call it an adventure, enjoy the hell out of the car on the ride back home.

BJ

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 01-17-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:17 PM

Cool. BMWUSA.COM is updated now and looks great. I'm getting the VIR report from the dealer now. I am eager to see if I get the M Steering wheel or not.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i sport line
Quote:
Cool. BMWUSA.COM is updated now and looks great. I'm getting the VIR report from the dealer now. I am eager to see if I get the M Steering wheel or not.
Very cool! Curious to see! My VIN is still not searchable with bmwvin.com

Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i MSport
Quote:
YAY!

+1 Are you going to Baltimore or NJ? We may end up on the same vessel.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin951 View Post
+1 Are you going to Baltimore or NJ? We may end up on the same vessel.
I am not sure yet. My e90 went to NJ. But I'm in PA. So I am right smack in the middle...I guess it could go either way.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM1975 View Post
HI' FIVE!

Looks like we should be getting them approximately at the same time. Wanna do PCD with me?
What is PCD? I probably should know this since I spend so much time on the 'fest....

But honestly, I don't know what that means.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM1975 View Post
Very cool! Curious to see! My VIN is still not searchable with bmwvin.com
That's not the good VIN decoding site.

This one is:

http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/

BJ

Old 01-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Well, start negotiating and buy a one-way plane ticket.

If the exact car I wanted was in Chicago and it would save me 7 weeks of delivery time, I'd make a nice long weekend out of it, call it an adventure, enjoy the hell out of the car on the ride back home.

BJ
When I bought the E93 I could not find a dealer in the New York area that could get me one in less than 16 weeks due to the fact that they had all sold out their allocations for the next few months. It was late April and the earliest they could get me a car was mid September. I ordered from Braman Motorcars in Palm Beach Florida and had the car by the end of June. Flew down to pick it up, stayed at our place in Florida for a month and then had the car shipped to NYC. and flew back to NYC.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club (Watkins Glen International)
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians

Last edited by captainaudio; 01-17-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
When I bought the E93 I could not find a dealer in the New York area that could get me one in less than 16 weeks due to the fact that they had all sold out their allocations for the next few months. It was late April and the earliest they could get me a car was mid September. I ordered from Braman Motorcars in Palm Beach Florida and had the car by the end of June. Flew down to pick it up, stayed at our place in Florida for a month and then had the car shipped to NYC. and flew back to NYC.

CA
Cool. I'd do the same thing if I were in that position as I'm just crazy impatient and couldn't bear waiting 3-4 months for my car.

The one thing I've never done that I'm going to do for my next car is the Euro Delivery Program. It looks like so much fun, going to get away just the wife and I and have a long weekend over there in September 2015.

BJ

Old 01-17-2013, 08:44 PM

BJ
Thanks for your help. More dealers reponded to me today but none of them sound promising. Some just said we have a big inventory, come check it out. What time can u come today. Some said we have a similar car but cant sell it to u for that price. None of them said something along the lines of we have the exact car u want minus one small thing. We'll sell u for x amount less.

I think im like krash. I got a good deal with the right dealer and special ordered the exact car i want. I dont have an old lease running out or anything so no immediate need for the new car this weekend. I'm ok with the wait. Thanks a lot for your help though. I learned a lot in this thread that i can do better the next time i order.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Cool. I'd do the same thing if I were in that position as I'm just crazy impatient and couldn't bear waiting 3-4 months for my car.

The one thing I've never done that I'm going to do for my next car is the Euro Delivery Program. It looks like so much fun, going to get away just the wife and I and have a long weekend over there in September 2015.

BJ
Our previous car had been in an accident so while we were waiting we did not have a car. That is not a huge problem for us living in Manhattan but we were paying almost $500/month for an (empty) parking spot. In retrospect I am sorry we did not do European Delivery. The 750 was dealer stock so there was no waiting period at all and ED was not an option.

Took the E93 out last Sunday. It hadn't been driven since the Fall Foliage Run last October. The garage attendant attached a battery tender to it every two weeks. It started right up. I paid a lot of attention to the steering and still do not find it to be heavy. Neither did my wife, and this was after 6 weeks and 2500 miles in a C Class Mercedes that we had rented in Florida.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club (Watkins Glen International)
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians

Last edited by captainaudio; 01-17-2013 at 08:50 PM.