Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i GT
Is it possible to kill the engine from the FOB?

Twice now I've walked away from my 2012 F07 and left the engine running. The first time we had to dash to take the kid to the potty and I assumed I just blew it. I'm not sure if the doors were locked or I just got very lucky...

The second time we were going to see The Hobbit and I know I locked the doors becasue the mirrors were folded in. The car sat in the theater parking lot for 3 hours running. Again very lucky (and nice to have a warm car when we got out of the movie!)

So has anyone seen or heard of an engine kill code? It would be nice to have the long press on the fob fold the mirrors and kill the engine if running.

TIA
DLM
Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 AM

Mein Auto: range rover
Doesn't the car beep at you if you walk away from it with the key and it's still running?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:53 PM

Mein Auto: 535i GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Doesn't the car beep at you if you walk away from it with the key and it's still running?
Mine didn't. It makes a lot of noise INSIDE the car. But not outside.

Having said that, I turned off the bit that chirps when you set the alarm. So that may be part of it.

FWIW
DLM