Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > The MINI Board

The MINI Board
The Mini Cooper Forum

Old 01-15-2013, 05:07 AM

Mein Auto: x3
R56 window mechanism

Hi,

My wife has a 2007 Mini Cooper and a few days ago I took it to my local garage (I live on Crete, Greece) and asked them to re paint the roof.

I also asked them to check the passenger door (it's a LHD) because the window was not closing correctly i.e. it would close but not tight under the lip of the roof like it's supposed to and because of this it leaves a small gap between door and roof. You can push the glass in but this is obviously none too satisfactory.

Anyway, they came back to me this morning and said I would need a complete new mechanism - not the motor - and it would cost 180.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Does it really need a new mechanism or is this a common problem others have come across and is there a simple fix?

2. If it does need a new mechanism where's the best place to buy in the UK or US? I've checked all the usual suspects e.g. eBay and found one for 40 but unfortunately it was for the other door.

Any help / advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

TD
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Old School

Mein Auto: E23;E30;E38;E32;E34 +
Try thumping the inside of the door at the 10 o'clock position while flicking the the window switch down. Ign on. might free it up. Worked on my R50.
Previous:
E21 318i; E30 318i; E32 735iL; E34 535i; E38 730iL; E53 4.4i
Old 06-29-2013, 10:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 Mini Cooper
your battery may be the problem

When my windows started acting up I thought "Oh...Great....Now what?". Then I later started getting warning symbols coming on alot when there wasnt any problems. I came to find out that my battery was slowly starting to go bad and after replacing it, ( 175.00 it cost....geeeez ) everything started working like new again......windows went back up tight like it should and everything was good again in my mini.