Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:33 PM

Mein Auto: 330ci
Getting 330ci

Im new here and I found a 330ci that I looked at and am about 80% sure I'm going to get it.
I'm most likely going to put a cold air intake into it and I need suggestions of other things to do to it. it's silver and I'm going for the silver and black exterior theme.
I want to get a windshield sticker on it so if anyone can recommend one to me that would be great.
Ads by Google
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Sounds like you`re young and inexperienced, so....don`t even *think* about buying this (or ANY) BMW without taking it to a dealer and having a thorough PPI performed. It will cost you some dough up front, but you can use their findings to negotiate a lower price, and a good inspection can steer you away from a total disaster that will suck your wallet dry in a New York second.
As far as a CAI goes, *it already HAS one from the factory*, and it`s better than any of the aftermarket crap that`s out there.
And *windshield stickers*????? Get serious....what are you, twelve years old ? This ain`t no riced-up Civic, son....

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 01-16-2013, 06:21 AM
Device Under Test

Mein Auto: '04 325xi
Bob, judging by your comments on the last few posts in this forum, I'm going to venture a guess and say you were in a pretty foul mood last night. Now, while I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments, take it easy on the newbs...

SE, do get a pre-purchase inspection. The information is invaluable even if you do get the car, you know where the problems are and what to keep an eye on. Second, spend some time reading back through the forum and the wiki. Most questions have been answered at one time or another and you'll probably discover much better ways to spend your money than a CAI and stickers.

The engines in these cars are great and don't need aftermarket parts to be powerful. It's all in how you harness that power and put it to the pavement. The best bang for your buck on these cars is basic maintenance.

Good luck in your quest but be nice to Bob. He is a wealth of great information; it pays to be on his good side.

Welcome to the 'fest.

Enough miles to make it to the moon... Here's to getting home.