Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 01-16-2013, 06:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 Z4
Parking Brake

Is there a way to reset parking brake on 09 Z4? I am getting problem light on dash.
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2013, 02:01 AM
Michael

Mein Auto: Black Sapphire BMW Z4 3L
I am afraid it is a take it to a dealer problem, the brake cannot be touched without the right equipment as it is electronically controlled, I actually hate the design, plus you cannot do ones own pad replacement!!!!!!!!!!

Does my bum look good in this !
Old 01-21-2013, 04:03 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
The Electric Parking Brake is what we like the least about our Z4.

Sadly it appears that all new BMW models have a similar EPB. Although we first noticed it on the e89 Z4, Hill Start assist is not available on the new 4-cylinder powered cars either.

We test drove a new X3 a few weeks ago. Did not have hill start assist and did have the EPB. No idea why BMW has done this, especially on the X3.
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Michael

Mein Auto: Black Sapphire BMW Z4 3L
Also having no handbrake is a real pain if you are winter driving in snow, as one uses the handbrake to manage traction in the slippery stuff!!!!!!

Does my bum look good in this !