Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 04-01-2014, 08:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW X3 Series E83
iPhone Car Adapter for BMW X Series E83

Does anyone know a good adapter for listening to music collections from Apple devices in the car? I know that there are special car adapters for this. Can you recommend any? I was searching and the best reviews for connecting Apple devices has AUX Link car adapter. But before buying it I'd like to get some more information...Is someone using it? What's your opinion? Any other recommendations?
Ads by Google
Old 04-01-2014, 08:37 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 SERIES
I bought AUX Link car adapter almost two years ago. Really satisfied. Great sound, no technical problems so far. Had to spend more time than I expected to install it, but finally it worked out well (I did the installation on my own, but at any service center you can have it done in no time). I was buying here AUX Car Kits. It's official store so they have lowest prices (at least when I was buying it) and free delivery free worldwide delivery. As for advantages of AUX Link, it can be also used as a charger and a Bluetooth hands-free kit. Apart form this you can control the playback using the buttons on the steering wheel or on the car stereo. Highly recommended.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 08 e83 LCI
Dice mediabridge and dension gateway are others to consider. As well as the BMW aux in kit if you don't have it.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:09 AM

Thanks for the suggestions! I checked them out. Seems like AUX Link has good reviews. Did you purchase it together with Bluetooth dongle?To use AUX Link as a handfree car kit...Is it worth it?
Old 04-03-2014, 09:29 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 SERIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex1981 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! I checked them out. Seems like AUX Link has good reviews. Did you purchase it together with Bluetooth dongle?To use AUX Link as a handfree car kit...Is it worth it?
From my point of view it's totally worth it. It's a good substitution for a separate car hands-free kit. Thus with this AUX Link you get adapter, charger and a Bluetooth hands-free kit. Three devices in one.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:12 AM

Guys, just wanted to share my personal experience. Finally took the decision to buy adapter for cars AUX Link. I was trying to find the best deal and it's really much cheaper to purchase it at the official online store AUX Car Kits. The delivery took just five days. At first I tried to install it on my own, but had problems extracting the car stereo. So in the end I had it installed in the nearest auto workshop. It took just 15 minutes. So far totally satisfied with the purchase.

Advantages:

- crystal clear sound
- you can use it as a charger
- with Bluetooth dongle can be used as a hands-free kit
- music control with buttons on the steering wheel and buttons on the car head unit (really convenient)
- read all music formats
- compatible with my Apple gadgets, but there is also a 3.5 mm plug for other mobile devices
- delivery is free and fast
- takes very little space and doesn't spoil the interior
- now I can listen to all my favourite songs without carrying piles of CDs.

Disadvantages:

- a bit expensive as I also ordered additional Bluetooth dongle
- could't easily extract the head unit so had to go to service center

But taking everything into account, I guess it's a good price-quality ratio. So from my point of view it's worth it.