Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i
HELP!!!!!!! Car is doing jerking sensation at low rpms!!!!

So around 35 mins ago my co-worker decided to try and race me in his Honda vetch! After blowing him away(which wasn't hard btw) when I got to the next stoplight and started to drive I felt my car do like a jerking sensation, after feeling I was accelerating and slowing down just to see if it kept occurring and it did!!!!! I'm thinking its a possible transmission issue and I'm hoping its not because u haven't even owned the car for 13 full days yet. My car currently has 45890 miles and I'm not sure of the exact date I lose my warranty is my warranty is up! I know something isn't right and I'm really pissed that I'm potentially dealing with an issue with the car already. Hopefully you all can can give me some advice.
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 PM

Ok so I just went back over the carfax and the car was leased on feb 26, 2009 so I got around a lil over a month left on the warranty so whatever the issue is bmw should take care of it I assume.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:42 AM
Flying monkey herder

Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
Quote:
Originally Posted by loso81 View Post
Ok so I just went back over the carfax and the car was leased on feb 26, 2009 so I got around a lil over a month left on the warranty so whatever the issue is bmw should take care of it I assume.
date of lease may not be the date the warranty started. the car may have been punched to capture incentives before the car was noted as leased. you need to confirm the in service date to know when the warranty actually started, any dealer can confirm this.
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:
Old 01-17-2013, 08:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
So around 35 mins ago my co-worker decided to try and race me in his Honda vetch! After blowing him away(which wasn't hard btw) when I got to the next stoplight and started to drive I felt my car do like a jerking sensation, after feeling I was accelerating and slowing down just to see if it kept occurring and it did!!!!! I'm thinking its a possible transmission issue and I'm hoping its not because u haven't even owned the car for 13 full days yet. My car currently has 45890 miles and I'm not sure of the exact date I lose my warranty is my warranty is up! I know something isn't right and I'm really pissed that I'm potentially dealing with an issue with the car already. Hopefully you all can can give me some advice.

Try THIS first.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:12 AM

Mein Auto: '08 Monaco Blue E90 335i
Check to see if you're leaking any fluid under your car once you leaved it parked for a while.. I'm curious..

As far as the jerking goes, is it more of a shuttering when letting off the throttle, or is it actually making thrusts? I had a shuttering on up-shifting/letting off the throttle on cold-starts, and it turned out i needed to replace my Mechatronics sleeve (ensuing leaking tranny fluid)..

Need to get it checked out asap, transmission problems are always a must.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:25 PM

jerk/thrust

i have not noticed any fluids on the ground, however its kinda hard to explain what the car is doing. It seems like its not getting the proper acceleration going from 0-40mph, it feels kinda jerky/thrusting, whatever its doing it definitely wasn't doing it before last night. I have an appointment at the bmw dealership tomorrow. One of my friens was saying that it might be an ecu problem. whatever the problem is, it shouldn't be happening after i just bought the car 13 days ago. hopefully its not something major. Im scared to even drive the car semi fast right now.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:39 AM

Mein Auto: 08 E90 335i
Maybe Injectors or Serpentine belt. Serpentine belt might have hit the subframe (among other times) and caused shearing. If you feel the engine lunging or something it might be the injectors.
"The money powers prey upon the nation in times of peace and conspire against it in times of adversity. The banking powers are more despotic than a monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, more selfish than bureaucracy. They denounce as public enemies all who question their methods or throw light upon their crimes. I have two great enemies, the Southern Army in front of me and the bankers in the rear. Of the two, the one at my rear is my greatest foe."
Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-18-2013, 06:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
I got a kick out of how you're gloating about having easily beat your co-worker all the while he's driving around problem free while your car limps around Good luck with your repair. It sucks to get a new car and then immediately have to get it repaired.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Fungineer

Mein Auto: 2011 E92
welcome to the world of bmw....
Old 01-18-2013, 09:07 AM

Mein Auto: '08 Monaco Blue E90 335i

Old 01-18-2013, 11:26 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
Spark plugs. Trust me. Same issue with mine shortly after i bought it (58K miles). Very aggravating at stop signs at low rpms. Replaced all 6 spark plugs and problem has virtually disappeared. Total cost was around 250-300 with installation.

Still get little dips and misfire-ish feelings at stops sometimes, but thats pretty standard with BMW's according to my independant mechanic.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:42 PM

well i took the car to bmw today and they did a diagnostic test and everything came back "fine." I was told not to be surprised if it came back fine but the service manager told me to bring it back if it starts up doing it again, right now my car is still under warranty until feb 27th so im definitely taking advantage of it, im still comteplating on getting some type of extended warranty just for peace of mind if something major happens to the car.