Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 05-14-2016, 04:32 PM

Mein Auto: BMW e30 325is
E30 '87 to '89 fuel tank conversion

Hello all,

I have a 1987 325is that had a rusty tank so I picked up a clean tank from a 1989 325i.
I am running into a major problem figuring out where the lines need to be re routed. The early model pump has two metal inputs on the top of it, one to a hose that leads to the filter I believe and one to a slightly bigger hardline that runs the underside of the rear seat, turns, and heads all the way up to the charcoal canister along side the other two hardlines . The late pump only has one input and it goes to one hose on the top of the newer tank. I already cut a hole in my floor and mashed the mounting point for the old in line pump so telling me I need to get a same year tank is not going to help my situation. I know this conversion has been done, just am super confused.

The problem I am having is that the hardline from the early setup is not only right in the way of the new tank (tops out when I go to put it in), but it also means I have one extra hose with nowhere to go.

I searched the forums and cannot find any answers. Can anyone redirect me to a post where this has been done, or tell me where that one line is supposed to be going, or provide some photos or diagrams? I am not sure if the late models have a 3rd hardline or not. Pretty damn frustrated with this as my car has been out of commission for a month and every time I try and get some help people just make me feel stupid but can't provide a solution.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
Advertisement

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
1987, 1989, bmw, charcoal canister, conversion, e30, fuel filter, fuel hose, fuel line, fuel pump, fuel tank, fule

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)
Today's Posts Search