Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 01-18-2013, 09:13 AM

Mein Auto: Alpina B10 V8
PDC volume

Hi,

This is my first post for help as I've generally found what I'm looking for but not this!

It's just a little thing but drives me mad, I want to turn the volume down on the PDC beeps - I know I don't really need it but as it's there why not. Anyway, can anyone tell me how to turn the volume level down please,

many thanks
Barry.
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 AM

Anyone?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW e39 540i '97
looking in google; according to 5series forum

"To adjust the volume, put the car in reverse near a wall/object so that PDC is operating and beeping. While the PDC is beeping, use the volume control knob for the radio to adjust the beeps to the desired volume."
Old 02-03-2013, 12:50 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, that doesn't work in my car!
Old 02-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
I don't have PDC, but it's in the bestlinks a few times, posted by others ...
PDC module replacement
PDC problems, diagnosis and repair
PDC rear bumper retrofit ('92 750iL)
etc.

Maybe the OP can read these and let us know if they're helpful?
Old 02-03-2013, 01:45 PM

Thanks for the links bluebee, they're all around broken/fixing faulty PDC sensors so not what I'm looking for.

My PDC works as intended but I'd really like to be able to reduce the beep level in the car. I'm assuming the same beeper does all the different alerts in the car so if I simply muffled the noise for PDC it would probably affect some more important alerts at some stage which isn't a great idea.

I've done some serious googling over this so maybe I'll just have to live with it or not use it
Old 02-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW e39 540i '97
all i know is that the PDC speaker is under the rear panel shelf, but not sure through which the other onboard alerts are transmitted.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:46 PM

Well I had to replace my PDC box and thought I'd just reset it to the default E39 settings in case it had come out of a different model. Scrolling through the settings is one that shows volume levels from 2 through to 7 and 7 is ticked. I changed it to level 2 and while it's still not exactly quiet it's better