Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 01-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Huh?

Mein Auto: Lexus GS460
Review 2013 Active Hybrid

After waiting for almost two months and taking a big risk on ordering a car that I never driven, I finally received my Active Hybrid 5. I am glad to say that the gamble turned out to be in my favor.

Weather has been rather crummy in Oklahoma City but I will post some pictures early next week.

2013 Active Hybrid 5
Black Sapphire Metallic
Black Nappa Leather
Anthracite Wood Trim
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
Luxury Seating Package
Premium Package
Sport Package
Technology Package
18" light alloy style 364 wheels
Power rear sunshade with manual side window shades
Premium Hi-FI

As soon as I got the car, I can't help buy drive it around (even though I had no particular place I needed to go). In two days, I put 300 miles on the vehicle and compared to the 535i, I enjoy driving this car much more. I am proud to say.. i got pulled over by the police for speeding within the first hour of ownership

Pro's
- No more annoying automatic start/stop function. The switching between the hybrid engine and gas is seemless. Sometimes I didnt even know it switched until i looked a the dash and my rpm was at 0.
- not sure if this is because i am driving a '13 as opposed to a '12 but the tranmission feels much smoother when going from a start. on the '12 535i, something just didnt feel right when I was driving the car from a complete stop.
- despite being only 40hp more and 400lbs heavier, the car feels much more powerful at sub 60mph speeds. I am assuming this is because of the torque from the hybrid engine.
- i may not be comparing apples to apples but my active hybrid 5 has DHP and the 535i did not, the vehicle feels a lot less like a boat because of that.

Con's
- Small trunk space. The new trunk space is very small, in fact.. it is so small that it is smaller than the trunk of my friend's corolla. About 2/5 th of the room is now occupied by the hybrid battery
2008 Infiniti G37s [Retired]
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 14 ActiveHybrid 3/YukonXL
With the sport package, did you get summer performance tires? Or all seasons?
Old 04-06-2013, 12:26 PM

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennett64 View Post
With the sport package, did you get summer performance tires? Or all seasons?
all seasons, only comes with 18 inch wheels.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:01 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
What kind of city/hwy mpg are you getting?
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:41 AM

Mein Auto: 14 ActiveHybrid 3/YukonXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwlvr60 View Post
What kind of city/hwy mpg are you getting?
I'm curious as well. My next car will be primarily urban, stop and go driving. Seems like the ActiveHybrid is ideal for that, though I'm tempted by the diesel coming out.