Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 01-25-2013, 03:42 PM

Mein Auto: BMW E60 2006 523i
battery drain issue solved

Sitting in watching some tv when the car alarm goes off, go to the window and yep my car my car alarm but the flashers werent flashing? Went out to my car tried to get in and turn off the alarm using the key fob no joy.I had to get into the car the old fashioned way via the barrel.So I sat in put the key in the ignition and the alarm was still sounding, nothing no power not even an led.got out went to the boot opened it to look at the battery and alarm stopped and never sounded again.checked the indicator on the battery it was black... Dead battery.there was a new battery put in in may 2011 so I knew it had to be something other than the battery itself.
Long story short went to stealers.. Diagnosed alarm siren not shutting down, continuously drawing power after car alarm activated.

Cost all in 497.00.

I was hoping it was there fault because there was a battery connector cover part recall on E60 2006 last October due to possibility ofcoming loose over time from vibration with possible risk of overheating .the word "fire" was mentioned in the same recall letter.
But alas it was the alarm siren was at fault.

Hope this may help anyone else who gets similar symptoms

Safe driving to one an all BMW 523I RHD 2006, with new engine in December of 2009 Only 40K miles on it
Advertisement