Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 04-21-2010, 07:25 AM

Mein Auto: 528i
E39 switch from cassette to 'Business CD'?

I have a 2000 528i with DSP sound. I recently installed the USA Spec Ipod interface, which, of course, disables my 6 CD changer in the trunk. I have the cassette player above the head unit just taking up space. Is it possible to switch the cassette for a Business CD (single cd player), giving me cd and Ipod capability without a major hassle? Thanks!

Last edited by jfl1964; 05-06-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 04-29-2010, 04:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW E39 M5
Yes, it's plug and play but you need to check which type of connector you have, it could be round pin or flat pin. You can even use the newer units from the X5 which support MP3 playback from the CD in the head unit. BMW can supply an adapter to go from round pin harness to flat pin radio, but not the other way round. You can get adapters on e-bay from Germany that go flat pin harness to round pin radio.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:21 AM

Mein Auto: 528i
thanks for the info!
Old 05-17-2010, 04:56 AM

Mein Auto: E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
Yes, it's plug and play but you need to check which type of connector you have, it could be round pin or flat pin. You can even use the newer units from the X5 which support MP3 playback from the CD in the head unit. BMW can supply an adapter to go from round pin harness to flat pin radio, but not the other way round. You can get adapters on e-bay from Germany that go flat pin harness to round pin radio.
Hi Richard

Do you have a link to where they are selling those adapters or eBay or even a part number? Need to get one myself!

Thanks
Tom
Old 05-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW E39 M5
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=260603242128

You specify Type 3 or 4 depending which way round you want to go.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:37 AM

Mein Auto: E39
Thanks a million Richard - but sorry for being a pain.

I assume I need a cable for the antenna too, as the connection is different. Any ideas what I need for that?

Really appreciate the help!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:23 PM
V-8 Driver

Mein Auto: 2007 650i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfl1964 View Post
I have a 2000 528i with DSP sound. I recently installed the USA Spec Ipod interface, which, of course, disables my 6 CD changer in the trunk. I have the cassette player above the head unit just taking up space. Is it possible to switch the cassette for a Business CD (single cd player), giving me cd and Ipod capability without a major hassle? Thanks!
I got all I needed from EAS for my 2000 540i - a 2003 cd head unit, conversion harness, etc. Check them out...

djcwardog

2007 650i 0440/LCGE, 6MT, Sport, Nav, HUD, NiVi (w pin swap in CIC), L7, HD Radio (now from CIC), SiriusXM. Coding: lawyer screen (CIC), Halogen DRLs on with high beams (LMA), fan speed LED seen on "auto" (with an LCI-IHKA), turn signals in HUD (CIC), personalized car ID for BT etc... Complete: CIC retrofit>E90.SSD >E90-E60 merged CIC.trc >coded for Combox. To do: ICOM/WinKFP >CIC (63, 62, A0) >v41 >complete 6NR/6NF coding.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto: E39 530D Auto Estate
Post E39 Round Pin to Flat converter ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
Hello i have same problem i want change cassette player with radio unit to cd player with radio unit , but cant find any information , where to buy them , and aswell on cd plasyers radio unit there on the side goes different connector aswell , any solutions ? I can even solder it by my self but i need wiring diagram , and did my cd changer in the boot will work after that ?
Thank you , hope someone know solution )))