Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 04-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Iwanna330Cic

Mein Auto: '11 E91 & '12 Z4 3.5i
Unhappy Convertible XM Antenna Placement?

I read virtually all posts I could after searching this one - honest, I did! I absolutely do NOT want to put my sat radio antenna on the trunk of my 330 convertible. I know many have put it on the back deck, but on the convertible, I don't think that is possible due to the movement of the deck lid when the top is lowered/raised. (or am I missing something?)

I don't mean any offense to those of you who put your antenna on the trunk, but I just think it cheapens the appearance of the car and screams, "come mess with me". I know many people put their portible XM radio antennas on the dashboard and claim it works fine there... but I believe the hardware for this thing will be in the trunk and I don't want wires running through the cabin.

Got any other suggestions? Thanks for any help!

Doug
Old 04-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanna330cic
I read virtually all posts I could after searching this one - honest, I did! I absolutely do NOT want to put my sat radio antenna on the trunk of my 330 convertible. I know many have put it on the back deck, but on the convertible, I don't think that is possible due to the movement of the deck lid when the top is lowered/raised. (or am I missing something?)

I don't mean any offense to those of you who put your antenna on the trunk, but I just think it cheapens the appearance of the car and screams, "come mess with me". I know many people put their portible XM radio antennas on the dashboard and claim it works fine there... but I believe the hardware for this thing will be in the trunk and I don't want wires running through the cabin.

Doug
For external mounting your options are the trunk or hood otherwise find a spot inside you can live with.

Last edited by chuck92103; 04-03-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:49 PM
european auto source

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:

Doug
I wouldn't put the antenna on the trunk at all - here are a couple of pics from our Sirius installations:

No signal cutoff was experienced even with the top folding downwards. This offers a 100% stealth installlation.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Old 04-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Iwanna330Cic

Mein Auto: '11 E91 & '12 Z4 3.5i
WOW! That seems like a PERFECT solution!! Tom - you have mail.

Doug
Old 04-03-2006, 09:19 PM
european auto source

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
WOW! That seems like a PERFECT solution!! Tom - you have mail.

Doug
And your email has already been replied to - with pictures!

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Old 03-04-2013, 03:41 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 645CI
Hey guys just had the dealer install XM for my M6 vert and from I drive all I get is acquiring signal and nothing else..
I dont know where the tech put the antenna.. I font even know If i paid for an antenna.. there might not even be an antenna..
On my invoice I was charged for the brackets.. I assume thats not an antenna.. Anyway I need help!!!!

BTW.. What location is your antenna located in... I cant tell by the above pics..
Thanks again.