Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery > The Travel Forum

The Travel Forum
Planning a trip or have a great travel story? Need travel tips or want to share your experiences (and photos)? Whether you are travelling for business or pleasure, the Bimmerfest Travel Forum is your best resource on the Web.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i after May ED
edreams.com sketchiness, and flight booking savviness

2 things:

My wife and I are flying from Vienna to Krakow at the end of our ED and were having a hell of a time finding a decent rate. She finds this site edreams.com where flights are like 1/3 of the other airline booking sites. So we book it and the invoice they email us shows that we also have a return flight from Krakow...but we are not flying back to Vienna, we fly home from Krakow.

I take the dates, input them into expedia/travelocity/skyscanner and low and behold, booking the flight return is like 1/3 the cost of flying one way on the same flight.

Too late for us to book through a better-known website, of course.

Wife googled edreams.com and finds out through travel forums that they sell you a return flight to get the best rate, then cancel the return and re-sell it as a one way flight. Kinda shady. I just bought a full return ticket and they're letting me use half of it then profiting off the other half again. It's like re-serving the leftovers ar a restaurant. As a booking agent, I have a feeling they can cancel the return ticket on my behalf.

There are horror stories online of edreams cancelling reservations at the last minute..before the flight has taken off... (maybe they thought the 1 way flight had already taken off then accidentally cancelled both...who knows.) I just hope it doesnt happen to me.

There's other weird stuff too...they take the booking, charge you, then email you to confirm once the airline notifies them that the ticket you booked is indeed available at the price they quoted.

But, we checked with LOT (the Polish Airline) and they confirmed our ticket number from edreams are legit and the flight number is real and we are booked as passengers.

That gives me some comfort, but I still wish I went through Expedia...would have saved 40 bucks too!

I had no idea it might be cheaper to fly return...never even crossed my mind!

So if you are flying and want to save money on a one way ticket, look at return flights with all kinds of random return dtaes, you never know what you might find!

Just don't use edreams.
Ads by Google
Old 02-08-2013, 10:49 AM

Mein Auto: '13 640i Gran Coupe
When trying to book a flight from Paris to Munich I found fares were 700 Euro one way vs. 180 Euro round-trip on a major airline such as Lufthansa or Air France. Definitely smarter to book round-trip unless you find better rates on the smaller outfits such as Air Berlin or Ryan Air.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:13 AM

I wish I knew this 24 hours ago ...would've saved me a lot of headaches and frustration. I got the lower rate, I just don't trust the booking agent
Old 02-13-2013, 11:01 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 325iT - Sienna Rot
Just don't book it so you "miss" the first leg of the round trip as they'll cancel the entire reservation - e.g. if you book Krakow->Vienna->Krakow and expect to skip the Krakow -> Vienna leg but use the Vienna -> Krakow leg, you will be SOL.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesoffen View Post
Just don't book it so you "miss" the first leg of the round trip as they'll cancel the entire reservation - e.g. if you book Krakow->Vienna->Krakow and expect to skip the Krakow -> Vienna leg but use the Vienna -> Krakow leg, you will be SOL.
Nope we are using the krakow to vienna leg.

It's all good, I have been in touch with them. But in any case, nobody should be cancelling a leg of a trip that I've paid for without my permission. I'll use these guys this time, but not again.