Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:40 AM

Mein Auto: Toyota Sequoia
Is there a way for the HUD to show current gear?

Is there any setting or coding that can be done to have the gear shown in the Heads up Display? I'm used to a manual and it's easy to tell because of the shifter placement. In an 8spd auto, that's a whole lot of gears to keep track of.
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Does it show on the dash? That's what my CTS does when I'm using "paddles," which works for me.....

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 PM

Mein Auto: Toyota Sequoia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbuc View Post
Does it show on the dash? That's what my CTS does when I'm using "paddles," which works for me.....
It does show in the dash but I find it more difficult to find in sprited driving. It would be nice if it was clearly shown in the HUD. I believe the M3 is like this.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stom_m3 View Post
It does show in the dash but I find it more difficult to find in sprited driving. It would be nice if it was clearly shown in the HUD. I believe the M3 is like this.
Well then, it's good to know it's there. Still, I agree with you, it would be better to have it on the HUD as well.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos: