Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 01-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 GMC Yukon
Normal pre-reservation process time???

So, I asked my dealer to get to confirm me for an April 2nd delivery date last week. I was always under the impression that the BMW ED people usually have a pretty quick turn around time when processing these request, but it took almost a week. I know my SA was checking on it becuase I have several emails from him to BMW. He knew I was anxiously awaiting booking my flight and that i was concerned about airfare increase. Meanwhile airfare went up 600 for my two roundtrip tickets lastnight. I am just kicking myself because I was staring at the airfair last night roundtrip from Toronto to Munich (non-stop) for $970 and today it is almost $1300. Should I take a deep breath and wait for this to hopefully go down? I know that airfare goes up, down, sometimes stays stable. Wasn't expecting this! Sorry for the rant.

2006 330i - ED
Ordered - April 8, 2006 (1st BMW )
Scheduled for Production - May 1, 2006
ED pick up date - June 9, 2006
ED drop off (Munich) - June 18, 2006
ReDelivery - July 27, 2006
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 911 C2S
It may be that there are no allocations for the car you are trying to get . Which one is it? I have been unable to secure a date for an M5 because there is no allocation and have been working on it for weeks.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurom View Post
It may be that there are no allocations for the car you are trying to get . Which one is it? I have been unable to secure a date for an M5 because there is no allocation and have been working on it for weeks.
No, It is a 335 so allocation is not an issue. They got me the confirmation today, no problem. I'm set up for the date I requested. I am just a little burned by the fact that I think they could have had it to me yesterday. The email from yesterday to my dealer was that "Those dates should still be possible. Mr. Rubinís order request should be processed later on today." They never got back to my dealer and so I waited until today and passed on the oportunity to get airline tickets lastnight (I literally almost pressed the purchase button). Whatever, it is what it is. Perhaps I should have just pulled the trigger on the airfair based on the e-mail from yesterday but I didn't want to risk a change fee if they could not accomodate my dates. On my last ED, they got back to my dealer in like 24-48 hours. This time, despite having my dealer check on it more than once, it took a week. I was just wondering if a week turn around is normal for confimation on a pre-reservation request?

2006 330i - ED
Ordered - April 8, 2006 (1st BMW )
Scheduled for Production - May 1, 2006
ED pick up date - June 9, 2006
ED drop off (Munich) - June 18, 2006
ReDelivery - July 27, 2006
Old 01-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Missing German roads

Mein Auto: X1 xDrive35i
First request for me took 4 days to get a response from BMWNA. Changing it due to a conflict that came up took my CA a couple minutes to get a new confirmation from BMWNA.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:35 PM

Mein Auto: '13 335i Sport
Airfare oscillates in price day to day. I would check the prices everyday for the next week or so.

2013 335i Sport Line PPK | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZDH | ZCW | 2TB | ZTP | ZPP | 508+3AG | 5AC