Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:46 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
2008 335i Cluster Not Working - Dead Gauges

Hey Everyone,

Have a 2008 335i and a couple of days back all the lights started to flash when I first started it, everything continued to work though. Took it to the car wash (everything working while getting there) and afterwards all the gauges are set to 0, none of them work and the digital displays is out. If i press the trip reset button the digital display comes on but again goes out after a little while. Another thing that I noticed is that if I put the key in the ignition with the door open, I don't hear the door open bell. Everything else works fine: radio, sunroof, windows, etc.

I tried to run the self diagnostic test on the dashboard, but nothing gets displayed when I press the trip reset button. Have followed the instructions on this forum w/o any success. I cleaned the front speedometer sensors, was going to clean the rear ones but bolts on the tires are extremely tight and could not get them off. Took out the cluster itself to make sure it was OK, did not see anything obvious there; the fact that the digital display comes on after pressing the reset trip button tells me that my connections on the cluster may not be the issue. After all this, problem still persists.

The one thing I have not checked are the fuses, still need find where they are. Besides the fuses, any other recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

neo-theone

Last edited by neo-theone; 01-21-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Ads by Google