Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 01-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Here since day one

Mein Auto: 535ix, GL450, 991S, NSX
Need help with my new car- BMW Apps & Sirius radio display question, can I go online

Hello Everyone,

I just got my 2013 535xi and have a couple of question's that I hope you can help me with.

I have searched and read my manual and cannot figure this out.

BMW apps: I have this feature and from what I see I have a few extra's that came with the car like google local search (similar to the points of interests for the Nav), it has the weather, yelp,etc.

Can I add additional apps to my car and do I use the iphone 4s hooked up with the Snap-on adaptor to do it. If so where can I find these apps ?

Can I get the regular google.com in my car so I can go online ?

On the Sirius radio I listen to channel 100 but whenever I turn the car off and come back the radio display starts at the top of the display so I then need to scroll down from channel one to Channel 100 ... my friends 2012 535ix automatically goes to channel 100 when he does the same thing.

Is there an option to change this ...

Thank you for your help !!!!
Ads by Google
Old 01-22-2013, 08:08 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
Hello Everyone,

I just got my 2013 535xi and have a couple of question's that I hope you can help me with.

I have searched and read my manual and cannot figure this out.

BMW apps: I have this feature and from what I see I have a few extra's that came with the car like google local search (similar to the points of interests for the Nav), it has the weather, yelp,etc.

Can I add additional apps to my car and do I use the iphone 4s hooked up with the Snap-on adaptor to do it. If so where can I find these apps ?
This is BMW Apps: http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...rive.aspx#apps

What you wrote above is not BMW Apps.

Google Local Search, Yelp, and weather are part of the BMW Assist Convenience Plan: http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...anLanding.aspx

More information at www.bmwusa.com
Quote:
Can I get the regular google.com in my car so I can go online ?
Not OEM supported in the USA.

Search the forum for BMW Live for details on a coding method to access the Internet in the car and the tradeoffs of doing so.

Quote:
On the Sirius radio I listen to channel 100 but whenever I turn the car off and come back the radio display starts at the top of the display so I then need to scroll down from channel one to Channel 100 ... my friends 2012 535ix automatically goes to channel 100 when he does the same thing.

Is there an option to change this ...

Thank you for your help !!!!
Something else must be going on in your system as it is supposed to revert back to the last source and channel/track tuned -FM, AM, Sat, USB, iPod.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 320d ed
Hi all

I have a 2012 320d ed with multimedia professional. For the life of me I am unable to get BMW online and email/ messages to work. I have App interface working fine, but am becoming impatient with the email ect.. I have spoken to BMW CS who responded with a "Your Phone may not be compatible" I have IOS 6.1 as operation system on my phone. Any advise would be appreciated.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Here since day one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post

Something else must be going on in your system as it is supposed to revert back to the last source and channel/track tuned -FM, AM, Sat, USB, iPod.
Ok thanks for those links I will check them out ... As far as reverting back to the last source/track etc it is doing this but unlike my old I drive in my 650 it starts at the top.

Ie. I listen to channel 100, I leave the car and then come back, channel 100 is still on but I am on the top of the screen where channel 1 is ... If I scroll down to 100 is it highlighted.

I am thinking they might have made some change for my2013
Old 01-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Here since day one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedie100 View Post
Hi all

I have a 2012 320d ed with multimedia professional. For the life of me I am unable to get BMW online and email/ messages to work. I have App interface working fine, but am becoming impatient with the email ect.. I have spoken to BMW CS who responded with a "Your Phone may not be compatible" I have IOS 6.1 as operation system on my phone. Any advise would be appreciated.
I had trouble getting BMW online to work until I found a section that said software update ... Once I did that BMW online started working ... I didn't hook up a USB to do the update like the manual says ...

I believe I found this under the settings menu.

As far as the email and text messages I cannot get it to work either with my iPhone 4S with the iOS 6.0.1
Old 01-22-2013, 10:06 PM

Thanks for response AF
Old 01-23-2013, 02:41 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedie100 View Post
Thanks for response AF
The OP's BMW Online (USA) is not necessarily the same as your BMW Online (Europe).

In the USA, BMW Online is a paid service via BMW Assist and it does not require a personal cell phone. In Europe it could be part of BMW Assist or it could require a personal cell phone with Hotspot to connect to BMW Online/BMW Live/Internet.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:26 AM

Cheers tecnic. Will give BMW a call to confirm
Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 50i M Sport
Apple does not allow emails to be shown, however there is a bug that will allow emails to be displayed as text messages. Text messages should show up, however you have to set it up on your phone to allow notifications. Go to settings, bluetooth, BMW xxxxx, then turn Show notifications on. To see emails, each time you get in the car, wait for the BT to connect, then go to settings,notifications, mail, show and change the number (1,5, or 10). This is a glitch for now but works.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 AM

Nyranger

Many thanks, that done the trick. Apple and BMW need to sole their issues. Bloody annoying.

Thanks again
Old 01-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Here since day one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger74 View Post
Apple does not allow emails to be shown, however there is a bug that will allow emails to be displayed as text messages. Text messages should show up, however you have to set it up on your phone to allow notifications. Go to settings, bluetooth, BMW xxxxx, then turn Show notifications on. To see emails, each time you get in the car, wait for the BT to connect, then go to settings,notifications, mail, show and change the number (1,5, or 10). This is a glitch for now but works.
Sounds great thank you very much.