Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 01-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 550xi
Thinking about ED for August

Hi all. I am thinking about ordering a 550xi for European delivery in mid-late August. I had a couple of questions that I wasn't able to find specific answers to (reading the wiki and other posts) I was hoping I could get some help with.

First, and foremost, can anyone recommend a good/great CA to work with in the northeast (I didn't see any mentioned). I am in CT, but don't mind driving a bit to work with someone who is familiar with the ins and outs of ED, and will give me the pricing others typically get on ED deals (<$1000 over ED invoice). While I wouldn't mind working with someone out of state, the issue is that I am trading a car in (2012 Audi S4), so I am not sure if that would make doing a distance deal prohibitive. I have bought 2 BMWs previously (06 328xi and 2011 X5d), and while my CAs were generally fine, I just didn't get the feeling I would want them heading up something more complex like ED.

Second, I want to order my car so it is going to be in the early production of the 5 series LCI for 2014 MY. From what I read in the 5 forum, they are starting production in July. My window for taking delivery due to work schedule concerns is going to be mid-late August. If I miss the window, I am out of luck until spring 2014, and you can all imagine I really dont want to wait another 8 months (I don't want to take the trip in the winter). That being said, when should I start in contact with a CA to ensure this all gets done in time. I would like to do things as early as possible.

Hopefully I can make this happen, then I will start planning my trip. I think we(the wife and I) are going to try to do a week in Germany, then drive to Paris and drop the car off, and then sightsee around Paris for a few days and fly home from there...

Thanks in advance for any help, and all the great info on here.
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2013, 04:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpc578 View Post
Hi all. I am thinking about ordering a 550xi for European delivery in mid-late August. I had a couple of questions that I wasn't able to find specific answers to (reading the wiki and other posts) I was hoping I could get some help with.

First, and foremost, can anyone recommend a good/great CA to work with in the northeast (I didn't see any mentioned). I am in CT, but don't mind driving a bit to work with someone who is familiar with the ins and outs of ED, and will give me the pricing others typically get on ED deals (<$1000 over ED invoice). While I wouldn't mind working with someone out of state, the issue is that I am trading a car in (2012 Audi S4), so I am not sure if that would make doing a distance deal prohibitive. I have bought 2 BMWs previously (06 328xi and 2011 X5d), and while my CAs were generally fine, I just didn't get the feeling I would want them heading up something more complex like ED.

Second, I want to order my car so it is going to be in the early production of the 5 series LCI for 2014 MY. From what I read in the 5 forum, they are starting production in July. My window for taking delivery due to work schedule concerns is going to be mid-late August. If I miss the window, I am out of luck until spring 2014, and you can all imagine I really dont want to wait another 8 months (I don't want to take the trip in the winter). That being said, when should I start in contact with a CA to ensure this all gets done in time. I would like to do things as early as possible.

Hopefully I can make this happen, then I will start planning my trip. I think we(the wife and I) are going to try to do a week in Germany, then drive to Paris and drop the car off, and then sightsee around Paris for a few days and fly home from there...

August is a vacation time in Europe - some companies closed during this period. Traffic is terrible and it can be a very hot.
Regarding LCI 2014 MY - I don't have any info and can't answer this question, but during our factory tour in Munich, tour guide told us that they usually do all re-tooling in August for September production. But being here too long I see this rules was breaking few times by BMW.
Regarding SA - Adrian is your man. He is in South Atlanta. If you thinking to go out of state - why not use Bimmerfest founder Jon Shafer.

'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT

Last edited by MB330; 01-21-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:22 PM

Mein Auto: '12 535 xDrive, '04 Z4
I worked with Russ Rubinow at New Country BMW in Hartford. We did a European Delivery last June for a 2012 535 xDrive. I was very happy with Russ and New Country. I know they get slammed by others, but I don't know why. My price and support more than met my expectations. With any luck, I'll sell the car in 2014 and do another ED with them. Good Luck
Old 01-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Can has cheezburger

Mein Auto: 550 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB330 View Post
August is a vacation time in Europe - some companies closed during this period. Traffic is terrible and it can be a very hot.
Regarding LCI 2014 MY - I don't have any info and can't answer this question, but during our factory tour in Munich, tour guide told us that they usually do all re-tooling in August for September production. But being here too long I see this rules was breaking few times by BMW.
My understanding (which could be severally lacking or completely untrue) is that when they retool, they build all cars to be delivered from that line before they shut down. Ergo, if you do an ED in August while they are retooling, your car would be one of the last to role off the old line.

However, the 550 as it stands was lightly refreshed in 2013 with the new navigation and an engine name change, which some believe has increased horsepower (I'm one of them as two BMW employees specifically mentioned the upgrade when I picked up my car in Europe). It ain't a bad car at all if you have to "settle".

Hope this helps (probably doesn't...).
Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 AM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
The new 2014 LCI F10 goes into production the first week in July, 2013 according to information available to BMW dealers in the US. I am planning picking up my 2014 LCI F10 on July 23, 2013. Others here have confirmed LCI availability dates with the dealers.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired

Last edited by pharding; 01-22-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
The new 2014 LCI F10 goes into production the first week in July, 2013 according to information available to BMW dealers in the US. I am planning picking up my 2014 LCI F10 on July 23, 2013. Others here have confirmed LCI availability dates with the dealers.
Have you already placed your order? To be able to do it late July would eliminate a lot of my work concerns.

I might really have to kick this into high gear if that is the case...
Old 01-22-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB330 View Post
Regarding SA - Adrian is your man. He is in South Atlanta. If you thinking to go out of state - why not use Bimmerfest founder Jon Shafer.
While I would like to use either of those guys, Adrian is in Atlanta and Jon is in CA...I am in CT, which is quite a haul...looking for someone closer if possible.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:38 PM

Mein Auto: 09 335Cabrio zsp/11 335d
August is really crowded, July or September would be better. If you can't stick to very early August if you can. It is a long way, but Adrian is the man. You could do PCD after ED. N4S
Old 01-22-2013, 03:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d
+3 for Adrian, but like you I also had a trade when I bought my last new BMW so I did use a local dealer. A local dealer does make it much easier to trade a car but I was trading a BMW so it made sense to work with a local BMW dealer. Since you have an Audi to trade a BMW dealer may not give you your best trade in value. You may do as well selling your car to a large used car dealer like CarMax. I recently sold a MINI Cooper to CarMax for $3k more than any offer from 3 different BMW/MINI dealers. I hope you can work it out.

Colonel (Ret) US Army / Hagerstown, MD
1985 M635 Euro Alpine White/Pacific Blue (Fun Car)
2010 Z4 s30i Alpine White/Beige
2013 Audi A6 Ibis White/Nougat (Daily Driver)
2013 Audi A4(Ret)
2011 335d (Ret)
2009 335i vert (Ret)
2007 335i vert (Ret) ED 04-13-10
2000 740iL (Ret)
1998 328iC (Ret)
1990 535i (Ret)
1988 635CSi (Ret)

https://plus.google.com/photos/10999...COHGu-rlyIrrLg
Old 01-23-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
August is really crowded, July or September would be better. If you can't stick to very early August if you can. It is a long way, but Adrian is the man. You could do PCD after ED. N4S
Yea, I have read it isn't the ideal time, but I spoke with my boss today, and it looks like my only window is going to be the last 2 weeks of August. While it might be crowded at touristy places, and I might miss a couple of things, I don't see that putting a damper on the experience .

I never even thought about PCD after ED, but that is definitely something to consider.

At this point, I think the biggest obstacle is going to be dealing with the trade in.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Quote:
Yea, I have read it isn't the ideal time, but I spoke with my boss today, and it looks like my only window is going to be the last 2 weeks of August. While it might be crowded at touristy places, and I might miss a couple of things, I don't see that putting a damper on the experience .

I never even thought about PCD after ED, but that is definitely something to consider.

At this point, I think the biggest obstacle is going to be dealing with the trade in.
If August is only your windows - GO!!!
Just plan a little more time for travel between cities where you stay.
Have fun and enjoy!
Find few posts by Dencoop in PCD forum - ton's of pictures and very good comments about all PCD process. He done more then 5 times, if not 10.
Good Luck!

Added link to Den post.

'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT

Last edited by MB330; 01-23-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Have you already placed your order? To be able to do it late July would eliminate a lot of my work concerns.

I might really have to kick this into high gear if that is the case...
It can't be ordered until the new ordering guides identifying options, packages, and pricing is released in February.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
Old 01-23-2013, 11:53 AM

If you do PCD delivery, you may wish to contact Josh Douglas at Elmhurst BMW. His pricing and professional service is unmatched.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
Old 01-23-2013, 04:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 911 C2S
Good experience at BMW of Warwick, RI, Tom Vincent, should be close to you in CT.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:00 AM

Send a message via ICQ to GTitis2013
Mein Auto: 2014 335i GT,2010 Audi S4
Quote:

I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I planning to do an ED for a 550xi GT this summer and I'd like to wait for the 2014 LCI. I've read about at least one positive experience with Alex Dytko, BMW of Peabody, MA. I believe he is a sponsor for this site. No personal experience yet though, but I may contact him soon.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
It can't be ordered until the new ordering guides identifying options, packages, and pricing is released in February.
Phar - Where did you hear that this info will be available in February? The dealers I have spoken with (including Adrian) said it won't be available till springtime (April/May). I would love to be able to make this happen next month...
Old 01-28-2013, 09:40 AM

Mein Auto: '14 F30 335i M-Sport (ED)
i'm also planning/hoping on doing a ED in mid-August, but on a 2014 335i...i'm hoping that the timing mentioned above regarding the F10 (production start date, ordering guides availability,etc.), will be similar for the 2014 MY F30
Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer3oi View Post
i'm also planning/hoping on doing a ED in mid-August, but on a 2014 335i...i'm hoping that the timing mentioned above regarding the F10 (production start date, ordering guides availability,etc.), will be similar for the 2014 MY F30
Hopefully it will work out for both of us. Would be great to be able to meet up with other 'fest members while I am there.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:55 PM
The One who Drives.

Mein Auto: 11 f25 n55/09 Jetta TDI
I bought two BMWs from Alex Dytko. I did one ED and will do another one soon. He plays open cards with you, so you can actually offer him 1000 over invoice and he might accept. I can recommend him highly enough. As for BMW of Hartford, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE sales experience, but I must say, great service. I keep bringing back my BMWs expecting them to fail with the service, but I must say - they failed to fail, YET.

Trips and Pieces - My new blog for Travelers by Travelers!
Personal Euro Delivery Blog

My, somewhat outdated, BMW Euro Delivery of 2009 blog with pics!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandanio View Post
I bought two BMWs from Alex Dytko. I did one ED and will do another one soon. He plays open cards with you, so you can actually offer him 1000 over invoice and he might accept. I can recommend him highly enough. As for BMW of Hartford, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE sales experience, but I must say, great service. I keep bringing back my BMWs expecting them to fail with the service, but I must say - they failed to fail, YET.
I reached out to Alex and we spoke last week. Seems like a pretty straight shooter. Good to hear another positive recommendation.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 PM

Mein Auto: ED 9/2014 for 535i
ED August

We are looking at doing an ED about the same time, third week in August. I spoke with a couple of dealer in the are and they are saying that I have to wait till they get new pricing for the 2014 models. This is my first time owning a BMW and first time for ED.

Can't wait
Old 02-07-2013, 10:22 AM

Mein Auto: '14 F30 335i M-Sport (ED)
i'm still waiting to hear confirmation that the MY 2014s (F30 335i) that start production in July 2013 will be ready for ED in mid August...i had one local dealer tell me ED cars wouldn't be ready for pick up until mid October
Old 02-07-2013, 10:31 AM

I don't know about the 335s, but the 550s should be available...I surely hope so otherwise I have to wait until May of 2014.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:46 AM

Mein Auto: ED 9/2014 for 535i
2014 ed

I was under the impression that the 2014 535I would be available 3er week in August. Then Again I'm not sure till I get my confirmation number
Old 02-08-2013, 07:22 AM

Mein Auto: Mazda3 Hatchback
Waiting Gregvto let me know about f31 wagon. Looking to ED in Sep.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Bimmer App