Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:04 PM

Mein Auto: G37x
Ordered my 328xi

This will be my first BMW. I am going to lease it for 3 years 10k miles year.

I got the Alpine white. I liked the color as soon as I saw it. I have had many other color cars and never a white.

NoLine
Premium package
Cold Weather Package
Technology Package
Drivers Assistance Package
Lighting Package
Harmon Kardon
Alarm

Came to 487 a month + my taxes and fees which I like to put down on the car.
Ads by Google
Old 03-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 328xi
Nice assortment of options and nice deal. I'm sure you will be pleased when it finally arrives.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:02 AM
BMW aficionado

Mein Auto: 535i
Congratulations! What ext./int. color did you order?

Very nice and balanced build, BTW.

Last edited by neilsarkar; 03-10-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:01 AM

Alpine white with the Black leather interior. I went in with the Mineral white in mind but didn't care for it as much as the White.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:39 AM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Is that Ralph or Chief Wiggum?

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video: https://vimeo.com/60051914
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 03-10-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ismagic# View Post
Is that Ralph or Chief Wiggum?
I get asked that all the time. I think Ralph's one liners are so great.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:12 PM

Thanks are starting to happen. I got my production number today :-)
Old 03-15-2013, 04:02 AM

Got my Production number but nothing else from the dealer? Is this normal? My status still shows "Order Documented.'

I emailed my salesmen to ask for an Allocation number, as well as some paperwork about the car I ordered. I only have the receipt from my 500 Deposit at the moment.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 ML350 & 2013 328ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggum View Post
Got my Production number but nothing else from the dealer? Is this normal? My status still shows "Order Documented.'

I emailed my salesmen to ask for an Allocation number, as well as some paperwork about the car I ordered. I only have the receipt from my 500 Deposit at the moment.
Wig -two url's everyone who orders a BMW should have:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/ho...d-to-delivery/
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=536197

You will probably sit in "Order Documented" for 2-4 days and generally speaking from the time you hit status 150 (Production Started), expect about 7-9 working days for the car to "complete" production, from there, the other black hole of "your car has been assigned to logistic's carrier" starts - typically it is anywhere from 2-5 days to hit the port from manufacturing in Munich, in most cases you miss the boat that is already in port and have to wait until the following Tues/Wed for the next boat to leave (for vehicles bound to NY). If you know what port your car is coming into, go you can go to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics site (ocean carrier and is different from the plant to port company ) and search by port, see the exit date from Beemer Heaven (Bremerhaven) and arrival date into your nearest port - add anywhere from 1-7 days from port to dealer, a day at the dealer and magically some grueling 8 weeks later (for Munich builds), you have a nice new car and forget all the BS of ordering/BMW screwing with you.

The above 2 sites have great/detailed info and spelled out much better than the Cliff notes above. If your car is being manufactured SA, ahhhh, well... make that 10-12 weeks later and you have a nice new car. Also, the website lags about 24-48 hours over the 800# which itself is off by 12-18 hours. If you call it, best to do so after 3pm EST as the munich computers update +/- 3 hours from 3pm EST (from my experiences). Good luck and don't get frustrated... besides you are in great company with all of us overly anxious past/present/future orderers.

Last edited by tim330i; 03-20-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the Info and the links.

So I guess it is to early to ask for an Allocation number? I've asked for it via email twice so far and once they just gave me the production number again. I got the production number on Monday

edit

Just called the 1800 number and they said the production completion date will be March 25th :-)

Last edited by Wiggum; 03-15-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:23 AM

The production order number is all you need to track it. You might want to ask your dealer for the "build date" if you are that anxious. If they used one of their "allocated slots", they should know the date immediately. By allocated... this means they had a, for lack of a better word, generic 328 build in the works but have changed that build to suit your needs. If they did not have an upcoming allocated build, then your process could take a little longer.

Best of luck
Old 03-15-2013, 09:27 AM

Yup just posted this above. I'm anxious just because I never ordered a car before. Always took what was on the lot.

I'm in no rush as my current Infiniti lease has a few months left anyway, but my parents want to buy that car from me since it has such low miles.

According to the 1800 number mine will be completed March 25th, so it is just a matter of transport after that where ever it is being built.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Yup just posted this above. I'm anxious just because I never ordered a car before. Always took what was on the lot.

I'm in no rush as my current Infiniti lease has a few months left anyway, but my parents want to buy that car from me since it has such low miles.

According to the 1800 number mine will be completed March 25th, so it is just a matter of transport after that where ever it is being built.
Rough math to dates. (Assuming a Munich build) Build completed by 3/25 (probably 3/24) - shipment to port takes 2-3 days but it will not matter as you miss the ship leaving on 3/27 (in all likely hood) and probably end up on the Faust which leaves Bremerhaven on 4/5 and arrives in NY on 4/19. Figure 1-2 days at the center then transport to your dealer (NY?) should only be a day. My guess is the car is ready by 4/24.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmeyers99 View Post
Rough math to dates. (Assuming a Munich build) Build completed by 3/25 (probably 3/24) - shipment to port takes 2-3 days but it will not matter as you miss the ship leaving on 3/27 (in all likely hood) and probably end up on the Faust which leaves Bremerhaven on 4/5 and arrives in NY on 4/19. Figure 1-2 days at the center then transport to your dealer (NY?) should only be a day. My guess is the car is ready by 4/24.
Just logged into BMW website and it says "Production
Begins" now. :-)

Maybe it will arrive faster. No clue where it is being built.

woot

Your 328i xDrive Sedan Selected Options

Anti-theft alarm system
Harman Kardon surround sound system
Cold Weather Package
Heated front seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Retractable headlight washers
Heated rear seats
Driver Assistance Package
Rear-view camera
Active Blind Spot Detection
Side and Top View Cameras
Park Distance Control
Lighting Package
Xenon headlights
Adaptive light control
Premium Package
Lumbar support
Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
Comfort Access keyless entry
Moonroof
Technology Package
BMW Apps
Navigation system
BMW Assist with enhanced Bluetooth and USB
Instrument cluster with extended contents
Online Information Services
Smartphone Integration
Real Time Traffic Information
Head-up Display

Exterior
Alpine White

Interior
Black Dakota Leather

Last edited by Wiggum; 03-15-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:22 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
Check this out to find where your car is being made.

The 11th digit of the VIN number tells you at what plant the BMW is made. The codes are as follows:

A, F, G, K - Munich (GER)
B, C, D - Dingolfing (GER)
E, J - Regensberg (GER)
L - Spartanburg (USA)
N - Rosslyn (RSA)
Old 03-16-2013, 11:35 AM

So far I only have the last 7 of my vin. The first of those 7 is an F. Not sure if that means anything
Old 03-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:

Production number and Allocation number are one and the same.

Quote:
So far I only have the last 7 of my vin. The first of those 7 is an F. Not sure if that means anything
Your CA can give you the full VIN and tell you where the car is being built.

Congrats.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 03-16-2013, 12:36 PM

Mein Auto: 335i, X3
Quote:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102071

F = Munich, Germany
Old 03-16-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermax View Post
Sweet. The car will be here sooner then I thought then. I figured mine would come from SA
Old 03-16-2013, 05:47 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
Mine came from Munich and I live in NY. It took about 7 weeks from the time I ordered the car to when I took possession. The time your boat is on the water is killer if you check the website every day like I did.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Fun View Post
Mine came from Munich and I live in NY. It took about 7 weeks from the time I ordered the car to when I took possession. The time your boat is on the water is killer if you check the website every day like I did.
I am the same exact way lol. 7 weeks ouch. I figured 4-6 weeks. The CA said 4 weeks but I know better then to listen to him. He also thought it was built in the US plant.

Still have until June on my '10 G37x lease so no rush and my parents are buying that from me since I have under 25k miles on it as soon as mine arrives at the dealer.