Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750i
Dsc brake pressure sensor. (dsc brake pressure sensor fault.)

Hello everyone,

The car gave me the parking break something or another and drive moderately error a few times. While at dealer to fix a broken door stop (how does that happen!) the dealer pulled code and suggests

replacing DSC BRAKE PRESSURE SENSOR. (DSC BRAKE PRESSURE SENSOR FAULT.)

Obviously at almost $500 which is about what they are charging me to change door stop I thought I look in to how easy it is for me to do the job my self.
Now before I go and ok the repair does anyone have a DIY doc or instructions on how to change this sensor, I am assuming this is the part they will change
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E65-750...aking/ES62814/

which looks like it screws right in and it is not that expensive. Can not imagine why this takes so much labor to change.

Also have my front breaks coming up and at $1000, that one is going to be a DIY. Rotor, pads and sensors for front breaks cant possible take that long to change. Again seems like way too much for the job and seems un-reasonable labor rates.

Any help on the DSC Break Pressure Sensor would be appreciated. At least would like to determine if its as easy as it looks.

Any help
Old 01-22-2013, 01:38 AM

Mein Auto: E65 745i
FYI about the front breaks cost - I just had my pads and sensors replaced by an independent garage here for 80 (pads, sensors, fitting, reset counter).

Obviously that doesn't include discs, but I can't see them being much more expensive considering you can buy discs for under 70 each for good quality ones in the UK.

Tried to paste a link to eurocarparts for you to see, but it was removed. Google it if you like.

Last edited by Piers1989; 01-22-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 AM

Mein Auto: 750i
Ok, didn't have enough time to research it so authorized the work. Honestly don't know what the labor rate is but seems silly.
The dealer claims its in a bad place that requires a few things removed before they can reach it.

Piers1989, The dealer says the rotors alone are $250 each side. Labor is too high for the job. It does not take that long, I have done it on my other cars for fun.

Will call a few dealers and get prices I guess.

Last edited by dsukia; 01-23-2013 at 12:23 AM.