Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 01-20-2013, 03:17 PM

Mein Auto: Looking for a E66!
2009 750i engine startup rough..

Hi there,

Tried to search without success.

Thought I'd post a question to you guys whom have owned the F01.

I am looking at a CPO 2009 750i with 52k on the odo. Yesterday at the dealership I started up the 750i from cold and it started slightly rough and for about 2mins the vehicle "rocked" and I could feel the 7 rocking left to right continously for those 2-3mins.

The salesman had no idea why and needed to ask Service.

After 5mins I shut the engine and restarted it a few mins later and the rocking was gone.

Anyone know why it would rock like that?
Thanks for any responses!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Bimmer App
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Unregistered Unuser

Mein Auto: F02
alternator
spark plugs
battery's out

if you turn the coffee cup upside down I could observe more )))

dealer MUST have the ISTA computer diagnostic tool and plugged in it will show what was the reason for such a behavior
it takes 10 minutes max - sales is the laziest guy at that ds
Old 01-23-2013, 11:22 AM

Mein Auto: .
My service advisor said he had a similar issue with rough/hesitant start-up on an F01 that turned out to be an injector issue. May/may not apply to your case...
Old 01-24-2013, 06:33 PM
BMW master tech

Mein Auto: e30 318
if you think is abnormal than go to dealer for a diagnosis. Your injectors are faulty if it has no faults but is going to be hard to get the job done since some many non experience BMW techs are lost when no faults are present. TIP: wait another month the updated injectors are in backorder .

S than goent from my Nexus 7 using Bimmer App
Old 01-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 750i 2006 330ci
Thought I'd post a question to you guys whom have owned the F01.

I am looking at a CPO 2009 750i with 52k on the odo. Yesterday at the dealership I started up the 750i from cold and it started slightly rough and for about 2mins the vehicle "rocked" and I could feel the 7 rocking left to right continously for those 2-3mins.

The salesman had no idea why and needed to ask Service.

After 5mins I shut the engine and restarted it a few mins later and the rocking was gone.

Anyone know why it would rock like that?
Thanks for any responses!

I'd stay away from this car. I had the shudder, and the dealer replaced many fuel system related components. Fortunately it is covered under CPO warranty. There are many fine cars on the market.