Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 05-29-2013, 09:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive MSport
Dinan Authorized Dealrs - Front Range Colorado

I am considering upgrading the suspension on my 2013 550i x-Drive with Dinan springs and Shockware...anybody have experience with any of the front range BMW dealers?
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan Stage 2 550xi
Dinan Authorized Dealrs - Front Range Colorado

I don't have the shockware but I can tell you that the springs change the entire character of the car

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
2012 Dinan Stage 2 550i xDrive M Sport, Imperial Blue Metallic, Cinnamon Brown Leather and Light Wood Trim. Major options are M Sport package, cold weather package, sport automatic transmission, active roll stabilization, premium sound, and side and top view cameras.

Dearly departed BMWs: 2009 550i M Sport in Carbon Black Metallic and 2003 540i M Sport in Titanium Silver
Old 06-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Make sure you don't skimp on installers... Having a dealer back you can be a blessing. I never got far enough into CPO to really test the relationship but I'm about 75% confident they wouldn't void me and do my CPO work if push came to shove due to all my business where if you cheaped out on some other Dinan installer then tried to go get CPO work I'm guessing those odds would drop to 50-50.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive MSport
thanks for the info...I am going with a dealer...seems a tad pricey but I agree it is nice to know it will (should ) be done right...I am a little disapointed in my dealer service tho...with my 08 335xi everything that needed to be repaired/replaced (brakes, clutch, battery, water pump) all took WAY longer than they quoted...i mean days...if a couple cases, I brought the car in early in the AM on a Thursday and they never even looked at it until Monday...THEN they ordered parts...really chapped my ass...I could have brought it in later and not been without the vehicle...anyway rant over thanbks for the input