Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-23-2013, 10:21 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Looking to Upgrade

So the fiancee' is down with me upgrading. She is down with ED. She is not down to going to Germany in Feb 2014 due to cold weather (our planned honeymoon). If we don't ED for that time frame then we won't do it until the following year, but then we may have a miniature Furball running around and that might hold us back. Before you know it, it will be 16 years before I buy my next BMW (yes I will be fine giving my 16 year old kid a 25 year old BMW)

So please post reasons as to what is awesome about Germany and surrounding area during the winter. Mind you, right now we are experiencing some of the coldest temperatures in the United States (Philadelphia) so we gotta sell it right.

Begin BMW marketing team!

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Ads by Google
Old 01-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Paraglide! Walk on air!

Mein Auto: 2010 335i Coupe 6MT
How about Carnival in Germany
Join the colorful celebrations, street parades, and costume balls of the German carnival, Karneval or Fasching, the last big party before the lent begins on Ash Wednesday.

When: February 7-13, 2013
Where: every German city; the biggest festivities are in Cologne, Münster, Düsseldorf, Aachen, and Mainz

Also skiing in German Alps is great, and, depending which resort you choose and which slope you go down, you may end up in a different country.

2010 335i, ZSP, ZPP, M-Sport, Le Mans Blue, 3 pedals of course!
Heated Seats | USB & iPod | Black Dakota Leather
Cobb AP Stage 1 Aggressive + | Cobb FMIC | BMW Performance Exhaust

Previous BMWs:
2001 330i ZSP ZPP 5-speed - sold, but not forgotten.

Last edited by CarlsonTheFlyer; 01-23-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 335i
You are asking the wrong question. If your fiance is clamping down on you before you are married when she is arguably on her best behavior, what will it be like after the marriage!!!. Suggest delaying the wedding till the weather is warmer in Germany and see how quickly she decides it isn't such a bad idea. Of course I am joking. You will get plenty of good reasons to go to German from members.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:11 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

LOL. She told me if i am hell bent on going to Germany in the winter that I can feel free to go alone. So far I think this makes her an amazing fiance'!

Oh and then she proceeded to bribe me with the Maldives...hmm scuba diving with whales. That would be better then driving a new BMW.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Perhaps you should strike a compromise. Go somewhere warm like the Maldives for the honeymoon, then arrange for a 6 month vaykay to Munich in fall of 2013 when it will be the 180th anniversary of Oktoberfest. Still warm and pleasant. Munich is just beautiful in September. . . . . . . . . . .

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 01-24-2013, 06:47 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

6 month vacation? Dag! what do you do for a living? Fall is the wedding so we will be busy there. Sept 28 smack dab in the middle of Oktoberfest. I'd imagine Germany is gorgeous in the fall!

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote: