Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 Roadster, E86 Z4 Coupe, E85 Z4 M Roadster, and E86 Z4 M Coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:17 AM

Mein Auto: Z4
Carbon Fiber Front Emblem

My stepdaughter backed into my grille and broke it . Fortunately no damage other than to the grille. The car is Toledo Blue and I decided to go with the flat black grille. I think it looks really good on the car. However, the roundel really stands out now with the dark paint and the dark grille. I have been looking to replace the front emblem with a carbon fiber, but cannot seem to find a 70mm one. I got mixed results in searched as to 70mm or 73mm, but when measuring on the vehicle it appears to be 70mm. I can only find 70mm stick on for the wheel emblems. It looks as if there may be room for a 73mm where mounted in the hood, but my understanding is that the factory one is held with nuts and the 73mm will use the grommets. Will the grommets line up with the existing holes or are the tabs long enough for the nuts? I do not want the carbon fiber overlay stickers. Basically, has anyone replaced the front factory roundel with a carbon fiber one? If so, what did you use? Looking for options. Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 01-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW Z4 3.0
Check the motors section on ebay. That is where I got mine. I used the nuts off of my old one on the new one.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey48 View Post
Check the motors section on ebay. That is where I got mine. I used the nuts off of my old one on the new one.
I am unable to find a carbon fiber emblem in black and in 70mm. The only 70mm roundel I can find is either the OE or the stick on for the wheel center caps. If you found a 70mm carbon fiber on ebay, I would appreciate a link to it if you still have it or can find it.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:03 AM

I'm looking for it !
Old 01-25-2013, 04:12 AM

Brock5ga, Go to ebay. In the search type bmw z4 carbon fiber emblems I found a lot of them, and they are the real carbon fiber emblems not the stick on's. Good luck !
Old 01-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Hat's On, Tops Down!

Mein Auto: 2008 Z4MR

This what you looking for?

2008 Z4M Roadster
BMWCCA/ZSCCA Member
Old 01-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Hat's On, Tops Down!

IanRClifton1234@aol.com

He is in England.

E-mail him and he will send you a catalog.

Regards

2008 Z4M Roadster
BMWCCA/ZSCCA Member
Old 01-27-2013, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIHLBOLTS View Post

This what you looking for?
That is exactly what I am looking for, but the emblems will do for now. I just sent an e-mail requesting a catalog. Mikey48, most of the ones that show up on ebay list as 78mm and 82mm. Not the correct sizes for the front. The ones that list a full set for the car do not list the sizes. I have requested a listing of the sizes from the sellers and have received no response. Even though they list as fitting for the Z4, they are not the correct sizes.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:18 AM
Z4 35i Rider

Mein Auto: 2009 Z4 35i
I love the CF Roundel look but the retrofit cost for the real CF at $40 each x 9 on the car- 4 on the car, 4 wheel caps and steering wheel, plus the risk of paint damage for removing the 4 on the car, resale value concern, the over all project led me to the stick on. Not for everyone. Metro styling has a complete kit with 12 sizes on 1 sheet for $10. It is a high quality CF. it can be replaced if damaged and removed for a OEM look.i did all 9 for $10 and it came out fantastic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	359335  
2009 BMW Z4 35i/Space Gray Metallic/7 Speed DCT/Premium,Cold Weather & Premium Sound Packages/Nav/Comfort Access/Ash Grain Interior & Dash Kit/AntiTheft/SportWheel/PDC/WindDeflector/Black Kansas Leather/Smoked Reflectors, Side Markers & 3rd Brake Light/Ferrari Red Brake Calipers/Clear Front Mask/Gloss Black Grill Inserts/6000K LED Lighting/De-Badged/Aluminum Pedal Set/Real Carbon Fiber BMW Door Sills/CF Wrapped Engine Compartment Roundels,F Lower Grills & Center Wheel Caps.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:20 AM
Z4 35i Rider

Mein Auto: 2009 Z4 35i
Another photo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	359338  
2009 BMW Z4 35i/Space Gray Metallic/7 Speed DCT/Premium,Cold Weather & Premium Sound Packages/Nav/Comfort Access/Ash Grain Interior & Dash Kit/AntiTheft/SportWheel/PDC/WindDeflector/Black Kansas Leather/Smoked Reflectors, Side Markers & 3rd Brake Light/Ferrari Red Brake Calipers/Clear Front Mask/Gloss Black Grill Inserts/6000K LED Lighting/De-Badged/Aluminum Pedal Set/Real Carbon Fiber BMW Door Sills/CF Wrapped Engine Compartment Roundels,F Lower Grills & Center Wheel Caps.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:33 AM
Hat's On, Tops Down!

You are correct, the good stuff is not cheap. I spent over $300 on everything you see on the desk. But I got everything, Nose, Tail, side turn signals, wheel caps, air caps, steering wheel, M emblems. I even bought a 2nd set of rear M emblems because I got the size wrong. The side emblems and the tail emblem are not the same size, tail is the next size up. The polished stainless steel M oil cap was close to $50 with the exchange rate. (no it was not CF) I decided to leave that alone under the hood. My motor cover and oil cap still have the tri color as does my shifter. But I will change out the shifter later on when I get another ZHP shifter sent to me. (Going to make that one lighted so I am not sure how that will look in the CF). And I personally am not worried about resale value, I have no intention of letting my roadster go for a very long time.

I am very satisfied with the look, fit or finish of what Ian sent me. Quality stuff.

regards

And as a side note, Bavarian Auto has the plastic tool kit for easy removal of all the emblems and anything else you need to remove in the car. Had it on sale over the summer, got both sets, works great

2008 Z4M Roadster
BMWCCA/ZSCCA Member

Last edited by STIHLBOLTS; 01-27-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:24 PM

The car is not going anywhere soon, hopefully ( I say hopefully as this replaced a totaled vehicle), so I do not mind putting the money in it to have it the way I want it. I just don't believe that I would be happy with the stick on.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:32 AM
Hat's On, Tops Down!

My buddy BruceJ has a red car and used the red stick on's. You can not tell they are stick on because he did a great job. (Very steady hands). But I know my shakey ass would have screwed them up and I would have used a whole sheet just trying to do one roundel. So you can see, I really saved myself a lot of money. LOL!

2008 Z4M Roadster
BMWCCA/ZSCCA Member

Last edited by STIHLBOLTS; 01-28-2013 at 06:34 AM.