Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 M5 F10
First Time coding - issues

there are a few things that annoy me on my 2013 m5, so i figured making a few coding changes might make things better. im in the san jose, ca area.

i bought a cable, installed the software (3.18.4/48.3), and everything seems to work as expected.

before i did anything else, i made a backup of the files, by right clicking on each 'green' entry, and then copying those files to a separate directory.

question; these files didnt ask me for any pin, but later at least one of the files did; does this mean these files i saved did NOT properly read the data? or is the pin just to view it in the program and doesnt affect the backup?

Then i made a list of things i wanted to code up, and started to search for the variables to change.
but some of the module names in the cheatsheet v3 are a bit different from what i have.

is that ok? examples, as follows:

hkfm vs hkfm_ls
hu_cic vs hu_nbt
kombi vs kombi (this one is the same)
frm vs frm (the same)
kafas vs kafas2

is this normal? i dont want to go making changes if im going to screw something up.

my list of changes is fairly small, as my car has a lot of the features already enabled, but i was going to add:
  • close trunk via key fob and driver side button
  • enable efficient dynamics sport cid (if this will work on the M5)
  • disable the dvd speedlock (note, when the car was delivered, it would play the dvd up to about 3 mph, but after the 1200 mile service they changed it to only play when park is activated)
  • remove disclaimers
  • add tire temperature and pressure (really? they didnt enable this on an M5??)
  • add high beam assist (cant believe they actually REMOVED this from the equipment on my 2010 M5 - question; will this work ok without the switch? and note, my 2010 didnt need the switch, they just used a forward push of the headlight stem to enable it)

fairly short list, but some are important to me.

any comments are welcome, as im not going to do anything until its confirmed im not doing anything stupid

thanks for any help

mark
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 AM
The Coder guy in N.Y

Mein Auto: bmw
Its fine...You car just has newer named modules on the car...Its the same module just named differently. The only problem is that you may find the things that need to be changed might be written differently then the spreadsheet. Work through it and find similar script lines to edit and you should be fine.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:33 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgca View Post
there are a few things that annoy me on my 2013 m5, so i figured making a few coding changes might make things better. im in the san jose, ca area.

i bought a cable, installed the software (3.18.4/48.3), and everything seems to work as expected.

before i did anything else, i made a backup of the files, by right clicking on each 'green' entry, and then copying those files to a separate directory.

question; these files didnt ask me for any pin, but later at least one of the files did; does this mean these files i saved did NOT properly read the data? or is the pin just to view it in the program and doesnt affect the backup?

Then i made a list of things i wanted to code up, and started to search for the variables to change.
but some of the module names in the cheatsheet v3 are a bit different from what i have.

is that ok? examples, as follows:

hkfm vs hkfm_ls
hu_cic vs hu_nbt
kombi vs kombi (this one is the same)
frm vs frm (the same)
kafas vs kafas2

is this normal? i dont want to go making changes if im going to screw something up.

my list of changes is fairly small, as my car has a lot of the features already enabled, but i was going to add:
  • close trunk via key fob and driver side button
  • enable efficient dynamics sport cid (if this will work on the M5)
  • disable the dvd speedlock (note, when the car was delivered, it would play the dvd up to about 3 mph, but after the 1200 mile service they changed it to only play when park is activated)
  • remove disclaimers
  • add tire temperature and pressure (really? they didnt enable this on an M5??)
  • add high beam assist (cant believe they actually REMOVED this from the equipment on my 2010 M5 - question; will this work ok without the switch? and note, my 2010 didnt need the switch, they just used a forward push of the headlight stem to enable it)

fairly short list, but some are important to me.

any comments are welcome, as im not going to do anything until its confirmed im not doing anything stupid

thanks for any help

mark
The following list might be helpful :

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=18

It was compiled with the help of folks from here and other sources.
Also the forum there has some M5 specific info .
Old 01-25-2013, 06:45 AM

Perfect, Thanks!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:50 PM

ok, so i did some 'coding' and i thought all was going well, but......got some error codes

only tried to change 3 settings in a single module, TMPS/legal disclaimer.

Connected to the car, verified the link, read out the data, modified the data, saved the data, activated fa

when i went to write the data, it did a lot of stuff on one screen, then the next screen gave me an error message at the end:

HU_NBT [63]
cdDeploy ProcessedWithError
cafd_00000ded-001_019_009 Not Executable

any suggestions? i thought maybe the link timed out, but i reestablished the link, tried it again, same result.

the good news; it didnt modify anything best i can tell (by reading out the same module variables), and everything still works.

This is a fairly new car, delivered late november, if that means anything.

any help is appreciated.