Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2004-530i
To Buy Used (Which year and model) or Lease New - Any 7

Guys:

I am confused and not sure on this. A part of me pushes me to lease a new under warranty car and have fun.

The other option is to buy a used may be a certified. With any of 7 series I am told that the repair cost will be high and one would end up paying the value of car in repairs etc. I spoke to a service person at bmw dealer and was told the control units on these cars re very expensive.

I have indeed looked to get a 2001 740il ( around 6k at 110k miles) on low end to a 2004 745iL ( priced at 11k with 139k miles)

I hope someone who has a 7 series would share their findings and give their honest advise on buy - which model to buy, what is the correct mileage, what are the big ticket items i have to be aware of in terms of expected issues/repairs.

Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750i
Depends on mileage you will put on it and the year of the used one and how long you plan on owning it as well as how clean you keep your cars.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05' 760li,94' H1,08'Smart
Hate to be the bearer of bad news.. All repairs are pricy. The closer you get to 100k miles the more things go wrong. Without knowing what your budget is, buy a CPO from a dealer. Look for under 20k miles. This gives you the warranty to 100k. Plus more time. Bought my 05' 760li for $70k in 07' it had 11k on it. Flew to get it and drove it back. Bought an extra warranty.When CPO warranty ended. A month later the Transmission went out.. A $14k bill, no cost to me..... Just my opinion. Good luck.