Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion of BMW's 4th generation E65/E66 7 Series flagship. The E65 generated much controversy, due to its radical styling and iDrive user difficulties. Nonetheless, the E65 broke records to become the best-selling 7-series iteration ever, especially after its 2005 facelift.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:40 PM

Mein Auto: Texas
Exclamation 2002 745li radio reception problem

Can any one help? I own a 2002 745li and my radio is trippin (for lack of a better term). It will not lock into a radio station on FM or AM. It happen once before but the problem went away after a day or so. It's been out for months at this point. The dealer is suggestion radical repairs to the iDrive system $$$. Everything else is working fine, CD, Nav, ect.
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2011, 11:57 PM
A 7 series Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to mikegoblan
Mein Auto: BMW 745 Li
So if you put on a station, it changes automatically ? What happens on the I-Drive screen ? does everything changes too or it stays the way you put it ?

If the radio is completely out but every other multimedia feature still works, then you probably have to replace the radio unit. it's located on the rear passenger seat (behind the driver) in the corner where the seatbelt is.

This should give you an idea of what the unit looks like and where it's located

http://66.163.168.225/babelfish/tran...%2fM_Radio.htm

If the radio unit is not the problem, then you probably need to change the ASK CD unit. it's the single CD unit in the dash bored, next to the telephone.

Hope this helps.

"It's all about what's worth living for" Quote by me
2003 BMW 745 Li black on black
Old 06-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney1h View Post
Can any one help? I own a 2002 745li and my radio is trippin (for lack of a better term). It will not lock into a radio station on FM or AM. It happen once before but the problem went away after a day or so. It's been out for months at this point. The dealer is suggestion radical repairs to the iDrive system $$$. Everything else is working fine, CD, Nav, ect.
do you have any modifications including white angel eyes?
Old 07-22-2011, 08:54 AM

Mein Auto: Texas
mikeglobal,

Thanks for getting back to me. The radio will not lock into a station, it goes into a continues scan. The I-Drive screen does not change. I'll follow up on your suggestion and start with replacing the radio.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:26 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 745iA
Did you ever got this fixed ? I have a same problem.