Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Old 01-26-2013, 11:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 528iX
New iPhone 5 Adapter

I am a new owner of a 528ix and am a bit confused about the new adapter for the iPhone 5. I got an email from BMW about the new adapter now available for a discounted price of $167.99 US. The list of available functions eliminates the use of "Office" which is a very important function to me. Does anyone have any info on the new iPhone 5 adapter and it's functionality? Thank you.
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 Ex Cop 530d Touring
Hi,

I'd say perhaps direct your questions about the BMW system to, BMW. They will know what it does and how etc.

Cheers, Dennis!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 PM

Mein Auto: x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssolomon1 View Post
I am a new owner of a 528ix and am a bit confused about the new adapter for the iPhone 5. I got an email from BMW about the new adapter now available for a discounted price of $167.99 US. The list of available functions eliminates the use of "Office" which is a very important function to me. Does anyone have any info on the new iPhone 5 adapter and it's functionality? Thank you.
Which dealer is this? Apparently the snap in adapter for the iphone 5 is not available. If it is, I'll buy one for $169.99 and let you know how it works.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535xi
Yes Im interested to in a snap in holder for the iphone 5 but cant find one anywhere

Exterior: Avant Garde M310 wheels / Window tint / mtech halo upgrade / Sprayed tail lights & side markers / M5 front and sides / Front Lip Spoiler / Kidney Grills / Black BMW logos / LEDS

Interior: Custom gauges done by Simon

SELLING MY AR DESIGN CATLESS DPs
Old 02-14-2013, 09:10 PM
AJ

Send a message via AIM to Driving Machine
Mein Auto: BMW E93 335i
Hello members,

The iPhone 5 adapter is not available as yet.
It should be available in a few months with
The y-cable for the iPhone 5 as well. I checked
The via Internet. But no luck at all, Ended up calling
BMW in Bloomfield NJ. They say it should be out pretty soon.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:12 AM

Mein Auto: x3
All,

The snap in adapter for the iphone 5 will just be a docking station if you already have a USB port. It provides no other benefit. With apple removing ipod out there the "plug-in" feature is dead.