Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 01-26-2013, 11:46 AM

Mein Auto: 1999 328i, 2005 X3
Question X3 up-dated tire recommendations

Hi everyone,
As most of the threads on tires are old - I was would love up-dated recommendations for replacement of Pirelli Scorpions OEM tires on my 2005 X3 3.0. The following tires have been recommended to me
1. Pirelli Scorpion Verdes
2. Pirelli Scorpion STR OEM
2. Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus (not Serenity but the plus)
and
also a cooper tire and Korean tire (both whose names escape me).

The size is 235/55/17 and I am looking for wet road handling, longevity and performance relative to safety.

Any thoughts? I am leaning toward the Pirelli Scorpion Verdes but am wondering if the $ 194 per tire is worth it. I don't want to spend extra money but also don't want to compromise my ride for a few hundred bucks over a 4 year period.

Thanks!

Last edited by CTGermanGirl; 01-26-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 01-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
For a good All-Season tire, it`s hard to beat the Continental DWS. Or, for more possible choices, go to the Tirerack website, enter your vehicle`s info, and see what they have available. Then, read the customer reviews on any tires that might interest you.

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 01-26-2013, 02:29 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 328i, 2005 X3
x3 tire confusion

Thanks Fast Bob. I did go to Tire Rack for about 4 hours last night and even chatted with two advisors - both of whom had different recommendations. While I know there are several good options - just was wondering if anyone had anything new to share. Again, I am leaning toward the Pirelli Scorpion Verde; although I read some positive press on the Toro Versado CUV but they're so inexpensive - it has me a bit worried!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E46 E89 F30(Msport)
Continental DWS and I'll buy them again when this set wears out.