Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 10-27-2014, 11:53 AM

Mein Auto:
Scuffs and deep scratch on lower panel

I just purchased a 2011 3281 xdrive with a cpo, the car is still under the factory warranty. Today I noticed some scuff marks and a deep scratch on the lower panel of my passenger side door. My question is...Does the warranty cover anything that has to do with repainting certain parts of the vehicle? I also purchased a portfolio protection for an additional $500 out the bmw dealer to cover cracks, dings, dents, windshield ect... Can someone enlightened me on my options? Thanks my fellow BMW Enthusiasts.
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Bimmerdex 7.4!

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
The CPO warranty will not help you at all with the scuff and deep scratch. Only the fine print in your $500 insurance policy will answer your second question. My response is: You're SOL with this kind of problem.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Your best option is to contact whoever is providing the warranty.

No one here will know the terms of your warranty....

Even if they did, how do you know your policy is the same?

| LCI Msport Conversion | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | Custom Polyurethane Shore A90 Tension Strut Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | UUC Front Sway Bar | Custom Heim Joint Rear Control Arms | Apex ARC-8 | Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec | Modified Dinan Cold Air Intake | aFe Oiled Drop-in Filter | Custom Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 10-27-2014, 12:19 PM

Mein Auto:
Ok, well thanks DSXMachina and fdriller9, I will look into my insurance policy.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:51 AM

Mein Auto: e39, e93
I had a similar issue on my E93. Most of the scuffs were limited to the fascia on the hinged pocket, not the door panel itself, and trim piece can be easily and inexpensively replaced without removing the panel or pocket. If you have the hinged door pocket and they are scuffed, here's the link to the thread to fix it:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=800535

This is a bigger issue for 2-door models because it's difficult to open the longer doors very wide in parking spots. I'm going to have to train my family to alter their technique entering and exiting the car. One of my interior door sill trim panels was also scuffed. Another cheap and easy swap while you're at it.

Last edited by jigray3; 10-28-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:21 PM

Mein Auto:
Thanks jigray3, that was more helpful and detailed, going to look into what you just explained. I'm going to have to do the same and train anyone entering and exiting the car lol.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:51 AM

Mein Auto: e39, e93
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorksown1 View Post
Thanks jigray3, that was more helpful and detailed, going to look into what you just explained. I'm going to have to do the same and train anyone entering and exiting the car lol.
You're welcome. Not all these cars have the fold out pocket in the lower front portion of the door panel, but it turns out to be a reasonably cheap way to get rid of some common wear from toe dragging. The same is true for that $16.00 plastic door sill trim piece.

I also had a small cut in the door panel itself below the bottom edge of the pocket fascia/partition. I cleaned the cut with alcohol, carefully applied just enough Amazing Goop Automotive so it wouldn't overflow the cut , waited 2 minutes for it to become tacky, applied pressure like contact cement, then applied scotch tape on top to hold it together until it set. The Goop is so thick and skins over so fast it's a little difficult to work with, but it's supposed to work well on vinyl and plastics. Went together well, and looks pretty good. You'd have to look pretty closely to find it.

Let us know what happens.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:24 PM

Mein Auto:
Thanks again Jigray3, I learned something new, I'm going to work on it this weekend, keep you posted...thanks!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search