Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 02-08-2013, 12:29 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Congrats!

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Old 02-08-2013, 01:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 535d M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
Good things come to those who wait and boy oh boy did they make you wait!

2 weeks for window tints? How??
Well this is the 1st car I've ever ordered from the factory so while I expected a wait even I thought 5 months was a bit long. But it was worth it.

Re tint - Stuff up at the dealer. Apparently they only do tints for new deliveries on Tues & Thurs (an outside tint guy comes in to do it). Supposedly the tint guy came & did it then (but there was some [unexplained] problem & the tinting didn't happen & no one realised this until about 10 mins before I was due to take delivery. What idiots work at that dealership? Their pre-delivery systems are not very robust. When I finally got the car on Thurs I asked where the warranty card was for the tinting &...duh!...no one knew as they all assumed it was in the glovebox "where it usually is".

Now another stuff up. Got the car home & found the warranty dox for the paint protection were blank, unsigned. Another issue to sort with the dealer on Mon.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 535d M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselNY View Post
pics please
Yep. Will post more pix soon. Am off on a short road trip thru the Blue Mountains & out to the emerging wine/food districts round Orange (about 3 1/2 hours west of Sydney) next weekend so will put up some pix from that trip with any impressions.

Had another brief drive of the car yesterday (God! Can't wait to take it for a decent drive) & noticed it was very limo-like, floaty even, to drive. It was set to Comfort+ so on my way back home I changed it to Sport+ & you really notice the difference. Much firmer, more positive ride, cornering...the lot. It's going to take a while to play with all the various chassis, drive train, transmission options to work out what I like best & what I should use when.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550xi / 135i / M5
Front view of the car looks tough and sexy.

I assume the diesel has slats which open and close to help control temps? Looks great.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwombat View Post
Yep. Will post more pix soon. Am off on a short road trip thru the Blue Mountains & out to the emerging wine/food districts round Orange (about 3 1/2 hours west of Sydney) next weekend so will put up some pix from that trip with any impressions.

Had another brief drive of the car yesterday (God! Can't wait to take it for a decent drive) & noticed it was very limo-like, floaty even, to drive. It was set to Comfort+ so on my way back home I changed it to Sport+ & you really notice the difference. Much firmer, more positive ride, cornering...the lot. It's going to take a while to play with all the various chassis, drive train, transmission options to work out what I like best & what I should use when.
Yes, Comfort + to Sport + changes the characteristics quite a bit.