Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 11-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '10 740Li
BimmerTech F02 Overhaul

I got my 740Li this June. It was severely lacking in infotainment options. After several late nights i found Patryk and BimmerTech on various forums. I immediately sent him a mail to inquire about my various options for retrofit. He immediately replied to my surprise. He still responds my mails very quickly not paying attention to my constant disturbance I purchased my first round of retrofit: the 6NR and Bluetooth ComBox and had it shipped to my hotel while on a conference in Europe. Since then he has helped me retrofit various options and tirelessly answered my questions.

List of Retrofits so far:

6NR, Bluetooth, Alpina B7 Cluster, HUD, various coding options, Voice Control, Navigation Activation

Hopefully to come:

LED front lights, M front fascia, LDW...

Iíve had no major issues and Patryk and his associate MEN coded everything remotely. (for those of you who canít tether on BBs try downloading EasyTether from AppWorld) Total installation time didnít take long, everything was prepared and were nearly plug-play. (for those of you who didnít have bluetooth to begin with like me, you need to bring 2 cables from the trunk to the drivers side-Microphone and BT antenna- though it is easier than it sounds) Iíve had doubts before purchasing such expensive upgrades through the internet, but the level of service and meticulous detail makes no room for doubting BimmerTech. Thereís no question why BimmerTech is simply the unrivaled best when it comes to BMW modding.

BMW Online is always a delight to show -off- to friends. And for those of us who canít get satellite radio in Europe, Web Radio is indispensable either for the commute or for the vacation.(you can even get siriusxm via iPhone plugin ) Tweeting right from the CIC is another perky distraction from the commute and from the News section under BMW apps you can have the car read the news out loud. You can also check mails and SMS right from the CIC though it is kind of difficult to keep curious passengers from buzzing in while reading your messages.

My car didnít have navigation and bluetooth to begin with. These were must haves IMHO. But I still wanted to spoil myself. Iíve always wanted a car with HUD. So I asked Patryk whether it could be done. And after dozens of mails I pulled the trigger. After the HUD and various other parts arrived I had to deal with the hard part. Which was cutting the dash. Location for the HUD was premarked on the car and dash was easily cut thanks to a trusted local shop. The whole HUD retrofit took less than 1.5 days. Though when connecting the final cables I saw that my cluster wasnít wired for HUD. So I had to get a new cluster in order for my efforts so far to pay off. Iíve always liked the Alpina cluster but Alpinaís arenít available here. So I contacted Patryk about the possibilty of getting a Canadian version Kmh one and coding it to work with my Euro-spec F02. He sourced the part at an unbeatable price and coded it to work with my car and newly installed HUD.

Overall I think Iíve summed up pretty much everything. Especially 6NR is a must-have and I still canít believe why BMW doesnít make it standard on such high-end cars. Patryk is a top-notch kind of a guy. Itís hard to take the leap of faith especially when shopping on the internet but millions of reviews donít lie and I can personally verify that BimmerTech is the best online service Iíve dealt with. I've also attached several pictures, before-afters and the current status of the updates. In conclusion you can contact Patryk not just for infotainment but for all BMW retrofit needs without a doubt. He's more than highly recommended.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ata?ehir-20121031-00140.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	348271   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20121103-00148.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	348272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kad?kŲy-20121103-00149.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	348273   Click image for larger version

Name:	‹skŁdar-20121103-00156.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	348277   Click image for larger version

Name:	‹skŁdar-20121103-00157.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	348278  

Name:	IMG-20121103-00159.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	348279   Click image for larger version

Name:	‹skŁdar-20121103-00158.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	348280   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kad?kŲy-20121103-00160.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	348281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kad?kŲy-20121103-00162.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	348282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kad?kŲy-20120612-00174.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	348283  

Name:	Maltepe-20120920-00022.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	348284   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20121017-00090.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	348285   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20121103-00163.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	348286   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20121103-00164.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	348287   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kad?kŲy-20120611-00167.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	348288  

Name:	IMG-20120611-00168.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	348289  
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2012, 10:14 AM

I just installed the right side flag holder.

More installation pics and daylight pics to come.

Also do any of you guys have a left side flag holder? I want to compare the installation location.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kad?kŲy-20121109-00179.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	348867   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kad?kŲy-20121109-00180.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	348868  
Old 05-25-2013, 12:27 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW
Thank you Baran for your feedback!

It's great to see how much a car can be modified with the latest technology even though BMW says it cannot be done
Phone (USA): (646) 439-7920 (7:00am - 3:00pm ET) :: info@bimmer-tech.net :: www.bimmer-tech.net
Installation facilities worldwide.

Follow us on
Old 05-25-2013, 04:26 AM

Mein Auto: 11' 750i, 14' Bentley GTC
Is it xmas already :P Looking good, what flag are you putting on the flag holder?

Old 05-25-2013, 08:21 AM

Mein Auto: ///M7
Agree. Patryk can do amazing things to give your car all it needs. He has done tons of stuff to my car as noted on the sig below.

Now what about that ACC retrofit Patryk?

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:10 AM

Mein Auto: F02
TXSTYLE need that flag holder on his pimp-mobile
Old 05-25-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjamslam View Post
TXSTYLE need that flag holder on his pimp-mobile
Agreed, Flag holder for Marcus or banned!

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
Agreed, Flag holder for Marcus or banned!
Flag holder looks really cool and gets all the stares. people think youre diplomatic or smth. i even had a cop in a traffic stop salute me )

on another note i just completed the comfort seat retrofit today. they have all the options massage/heating/cooling. Pictures to come
Old 05-26-2013, 12:59 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Agree. Patryk can do amazing things to give your car all it needs. He has done tons of stuff to my car as noted on the sig below.

Thanks

Yeah, the ACC is pretty complicated if you want to save some money with used parts. On the other hand getting all parts brand new would probably make it the most expensive retrofit you have ever done
Phone (USA): (646) 439-7920 (7:00am - 3:00pm ET) :: info@bimmer-tech.net :: www.bimmer-tech.net
Installation facilities worldwide.

Follow us on
Old 05-26-2013, 04:13 AM
Wardaddy in retirement

Mein Auto: f01 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaranE View Post
Flag holder looks really cool and gets all the stares. people think youre diplomatic or smth. i even had a cop in a traffic stop salute me )

on another note i just completed the comfort seat retrofit today. they have all the options massage/heating/cooling. Pictures to come
Amazing how much stuff you've retrofitted!

You must have spent more money on retrofits than an upgrade to another model would be worth? : D

Old 05-26-2013, 04:17 AM
Wardaddy in retirement

Quote:

ACC is addictive. Once you have it, you can never go back. I can't imagine driving around without the inner peace and a feeling of being protected by the collision warning. It helps in so many situations and saves a lot of nerves. Not to mention stop&go traffic when you can sit back, watch TV and relax.

On the other hand, like I said it's addictive and maybe I rely on it too much.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamlord View Post
Amazing how much stuff you've retrofitted!

You must have spent more money on retrofits than an upgrade to another model would be worth? : D

Unfortunately not. A new one costs nearly 500k USD.

So I have many more retrofits to come. LCW, Logic 7 to begin with. Later on I'm planning comfort access, ACC, KAFAS...
Old 05-26-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
ACC is addictive. Once you have it, you can never go back. I can't imagine driving around without the inner peace and a feeling of being protected by the collision warning. It helps in so many situations and saves a lot of nerves. Not to mention stop&go traffic when you can sit back, watch TV and relax.

On the other hand, like I said it's addictive and maybe I rely on it too much.
Grrrrr.....rubbing it in now!!!!!

Old 05-26-2013, 10:01 PM

Mein Auto: 750i 740i 330ci
I had ACC on my LS460L... it was unnerving... I found that I spent more time being anxious babysitting it than actually relaxing by having it. i.e., I could see a car drifting or changing lanes before it could and subsequently could preemptively slow down... the ACC couldn't do that so it would allow the car to enter my front "comfort zone" before actually braking. Maybe it's more proactive on the BMWs, though. It would either allow too much space or not enough (no matter what distance setting I had it on), etc. Also, I've heard complaints that because it's a bit off center on the F0x, it makes some cases of responsiveness that much worse (like if someone is cutting you from the left). That said, if they threw it in, I'd take it... Probably just for the precollision stuff alone.

F01 750i Dark Graphite Metallic
M-Sport | Driver Assistance | Luxury Seating | Camera | Convenience | Premium Sound | 20" 303M Wheels | Ceramic Controls
MODS: BMS Stage 1 Tune | PedalBox | M-Sport Paddle Shift Steering Wheel | 5000k HID | Tint | Taillight LCI Tint | Mtec V3 Halo LED | Coded.
E38 740i Jet Black
Sport | PDC | Convenience | Sunshade | Navigation
MODS: Paddle Shift Retrofit | Brushed Aluminum Gauge Rings | Tint | MKIV NAV | 4500K HID | 3M DiNOC Carbon Fiber Trim | Heated Seats | Coded
Old 05-27-2013, 12:22 AM
Wardaddy in retirement

Quote:
Grrrrr.....rubbing it in now!!!!!
Nah wasn't meant to. Seeing as you got enough toys on your car anyway ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by aom7 View Post
I had ACC on my LS460L... it was unnerving... I found that I spent more time being anxious babysitting it than actually relaxing by having it. i.e., I could see a car drifting or changing lanes before it could and subsequently could preemptively slow down... the ACC couldn't do that so it would allow the car to enter my front "comfort zone" before actually braking. Maybe it's more proactive on the BMWs, though. It would either allow too much space or not enough (no matter what distance setting I had it on), etc. Also, I've heard complaints that because it's a bit off center on the F0x, it makes some cases of responsiveness that much worse (like if someone is cutting you from the left). That said, if they threw it in, I'd take it... Probably just for the precollision stuff alone.

How can any system "preemtively" slow down just because fomr car on another lane maybe decides to change lanes? Other than a car suddenly pulling over to your lane from like 10 feet distance, then
a) you can barely react to that yourself
b) the acc brakes nicely which is the desired reaction. I love it when it does that. Gives you a "you're 100% safe" feeling.

The distance setting is very precise. It's a completely different feeling than what you described. And remember I'm driving at much higher average speeds here.

Never had it react inadequately or babysit it. In fact to the extent that it makes me worry I rely on it way too much.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:45 AM

Mein Auto: 750i 740i 330ci
Quote:
How can any system "preemtively" slow down just because fomr car on another lane maybe decides to change lanes? Other than a car suddenly pulling over to your lane from like 10 feet distance, then
a) you can barely react to that yourself
b) the acc brakes nicely which is the desired reaction. I love it when it does that. Gives you a "you're 100% safe" feeling.

The distance setting is very precise. It's a completely different feeling than what you described. And remember I'm driving at much higher average speeds here.

Never had it react inadequately or babysit it. In fact to the extent that it makes me worry I rely on it way too much.
I don't know (it's a bit beyond my limited knowledge ). But I mean it's got radar... why not expand the beam (maybe in concert w/ Lane Departure Warning Cameras) and see if a car is "drifting" into a predefined area in front of you (before actually getting right in front of you), then just slow down a tad bit to "prepare" for a possible lane change (or should I say lane "drift"). Rather than actually waiting until it's right in front of you.

And by distance being a bit off, I meant that yes, once it saw the car directly in front of me, it would adjust perfectly to the correct setting... however, for me, I proactively either make space or decrease the space, to accomodate the lane changer--before they cut into my lane. So that's what I mean by having to babysit it anyway (I'd have to always make manual adjustments in order to maintain my comfort zone).

I drive 26000 miles a year... for the past 20 years... trust me, I know when someone is "consciously" or "forgettfully" trying to change lanes in front of me, HAHA. I've narrowed it down to a simple set of movements, etc. But basically, if a car starts to drift, I slow down (or change lanes, but I do something). AND it always happens, every day, all the time. Plenty of folks here have no clue what a turn signal is. What the #1 lane is supposed to be used for. etc. etc.

The Lexus ACC (again, I have no experience w/ BMWs) wouldn't slow down UNTIL that drifting car was physically in front of me, in my lane. By which time, it would then indeed brake (very calmly or more agressively as needed), but I always found it a bit too close for comfort and never got used to it, since I've never been a reactive driver, but a proactive one. Oh, and let's not get into curves and how ACC tends to handle (or specifically NOT handle) slowing down for those.

And remember, you have better drivers, as a general rule, over there So you can imagine on average how many "close call" experiences we'd have here--at any speed. I'm across the pond 2-4x a year and have a Driver license that took me something like 3 years to get (well, not that long, but it seemed like it)... cost me thousands, etc. Do you know how long it took me to get my California DL... like 3 months and probably 250 bucks! And let's not even get into all the cars in SoCal (at least) that go 80 mph or more and shouldn't be going more than 50... not to mention even what driver skill is like. Honestly, I stopped using ACC after the newness wore off and just found driving the car myself to be more enjoyable. So I suppose, for this particular area at least, for the driving I do and the driving that others seem to do around me I personally found it more a liability/discomfort.. but YMMV

F01 750i Dark Graphite Metallic
M-Sport | Driver Assistance | Luxury Seating | Camera | Convenience | Premium Sound | 20" 303M Wheels | Ceramic Controls
MODS: BMS Stage 1 Tune | PedalBox | M-Sport Paddle Shift Steering Wheel | 5000k HID | Tint | Taillight LCI Tint | Mtec V3 Halo LED | Coded.
E38 740i Jet Black
Sport | PDC | Convenience | Sunshade | Navigation
MODS: Paddle Shift Retrofit | Brushed Aluminum Gauge Rings | Tint | MKIV NAV | 4500K HID | 3M DiNOC Carbon Fiber Trim | Heated Seats | Coded
Old 06-05-2013, 11:16 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Re: BimmerTech F02 Overhaul

How'd I miss this thread???

I knew Baran would "level up" the mod game when I saw those LCD head lamps!
Unfortunately... The flag holder option would clash with my theme.

~Big Marcus
Old 06-05-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
How'd I miss this thread???

I knew Baran would "level up" the mod game when I saw those LCD head lamps!
Unfortunately... The flag holder option would clash with my theme.

~Big Marcus
Well if we get LCD headlights I'll be the first in line to retrofit them. In the meantime I'm perfectly happy with my LEDs.

IMHO flag holder is the best and ultimate mod there is. I even had one cop salute me driving through a traffic checkpoint.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:48 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Re: BimmerTech F02 Overhaul

Ha! I meant LED

~Big Marcus