Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 745i
Angry Keyless Entry doesn't work!

I know that the ignition re-charges the battery in the key everytime its in there. All of a sudden only after a few years the Keyless Entry stops working but it starts the car like its suppose to...........but none of the buttons seem to work anymore. Any ideas on what to do????? Its really frustrating!
Ads by Google
Old 06-21-2009, 07:22 PM

Mein Auto: Z3,X5d,750Li,E93,1200RT&C
The fob does not get recharged in the dashboard. It has a normal lithium battery that needs replacement sometime.
I have had problames with mine not letting me open the door after a few days in the garage. It was in for fixing and they said they still were waiting for a new door lock !! from Germany but is sure works now.

BUT I did get locked out of the car. I opened the rear door, threw in my jacket with key in the pocket and closed the door to open front door. Front door did not open and rear door had locked itself............how was that possible, I thought you could not do this, that the doors would not lock if the key is inside.

h
Old 06-22-2009, 07:30 AM
2005 745Li

Mein Auto: 2005 745Li 21" 128's
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Bimmers View Post
The fob does not get recharged in the dashboard. It has a normal lithium battery that needs replacement sometime.
I have had problames with mine not letting me open the door after a few days in the garage. It was in for fixing and they said they still were waiting for a new door lock !! from Germany but is sure works now.

BUT I did get locked out of the car. I opened the rear door, threw in my jacket with key in the pocket and closed the door to open front door. Front door did not open and rear door had locked itself............how was that possible, I thought you could not do this, that the doors would not lock if the key is inside.
h
My wife and I have 2 sets of keys, so when we we are together one set gets left in the car at times. We tried putting her purse / keys in the trunk and locking the car, but the trunk would just reopen. Now we put her keys in the center console and the car always locks fine.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to mcfalcons15 Send a message via MSN to mcfalcons15 Send a message via Yahoo to mcfalcons15
Mein Auto: 2004 Black on Black 745Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by collins912 View Post
I know that the ignition re-charges the battery in the key everytime its in there. All of a sudden only after a few years the Keyless Entry stops working but it starts the car like its suppose to...........but none of the buttons seem to work anymore. Any ideas on what to do????? Its really frustrating!
Do you have another fob that you can check and see if that one works. If not it could be your fuse in the trunk is dead, and needs to be replaced. Thats what happened to me.
2005 Toyota Sienna CE

"Bout My Business"
Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 745LI
^^^which fuse in the trunk is it? It wasn't labeled for me...

Thanks in advance...

BMW 2002 745LI Toledo Blue...Moz Riviera 22" Staggered Wheels...MTEC 2.1 Angel Eyes...NGK Laser Platinum spark plugs...MTEC D2S 6000K...MTEC H3 4350K Fogs...ACS Roof Spoiler...More to come ...
Old 07-15-2009, 06:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 745Li
The battery in the remote is a common watch size. Get the number off of it and pick one up at a CVS/Rite Aid. I was scared to mess with it too, but it was a cinch to change and it works great.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Local Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E65,P71 Police Intercept.
Thanks for sharing..I'm gonna try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbyva View Post
The battery in the remote is a common watch size. Get the number off of it and pick one up at a CVS/Rite Aid. I was scared to mess with it too, but it was a cinch to change and it works great.

. 360infiniteusa Angel Eyes . H&R Springs . mObridge AUX Integration .
Old 07-17-2009, 08:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 740il 2003 745Li
i have the same problem wil both of my remote fobs,,,the lock, truck, and alarm buttons work. the unlock doesn't work. i called local dealer , and they want me to bring vehicle and keys for reprogramming,,,stealership $$175,,,,i think not....anyone with the reprogramming docs for the e66 keyless remote?
Old 08-18-2014, 09:24 AM

Mein Auto: 1998 740il
Yes, itís been awhile. But now I have run into a problem with my car (1998 740il silver w/black interior) I have programmed the key a few times since I have owned the car (1 year) due to working on it and having to disconnect the battery. But now the keyless entry has quit altogether. And when I get in the car and program the key the LED light flashes several times but the door locks do not actuate its confirmation, I have checked the #53 fuse for the fuel door and is fine. Where next? This really IS a nice looking car and has done some maintenance to the engine since Iíve had it and I am starting on the suspension system, because I intend to keep for some time. I will post pictures shortly.