Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:23 AM
GLLOQ

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3 2.5i
dash panel question (diagram #21)

Hi - since I don't know what this panel (#21 on the diagram) is called, it appears better to show a picture of it. Does anyone have experience removing and replacing it? Mine is cracked in at least three places. The panel, attached in three places, appears to be very thin. Each attachment is covered by a plastic disk. It would imagine this piece would be easiest to replace without a windshield in place!

Thanks - Jerry

Last edited by alcofribas; 01-28-2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: correction of URL
Ads by Google
Old 01-28-2013, 12:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 Z4 2.5I
I hope this helps:

Replacing the windshield cowl:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1334705
Old 01-29-2013, 02:41 AM
GLLOQ

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3 2.5i
Oops - we're talking about two different panels

Hi -

Panel #21 in the above illustration is on the dash, inboard of the windshield. This is the panel I'm addressing, not the panel below the windshield wipers, outboard of the windshield.

This inside panel is cracked and needs replacement, but I'm not sure how it is attached and with what screws or bolts.

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3
Any luck with replacing #21 panel?

I have the same problem with my 2001 Roadster. The local BMW dealer wasn't much help. They weren't sure whether it needed to come out through dash or windshield side.. Any reply would be helpful...

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcofribas View Post
Hi - since I don't know what this panel (#21 on the diagram) is called, it appears better to show a picture of it. Does anyone have experience removing and replacing it? Mine is cracked in at least three places. The panel, attached in three places, appears to be very thin. Each attachment is covered by a plastic disk. It would imagine this piece would be easiest to replace without a windshield in place!

Thanks - Jerry