Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 745li
New 05 745li project

hey guys new to the forum I just bought a 2005 745 from a lady to start it all off its been sitting 3 years so.. list is endless but it has 120k she said it ran great she was single lady always maintaince at dealer she said it started to miss and shake well she took it to the dealer (again within 4 months of 3500 tires 2000 altinator job and so on they tell her it needs a head gasket. so she drove it home and parked it going off there words she just bought a new car instead of spending the 4620 for head job!! rediculus I seen the quote well so all in all sat from then till now I get the car dead battery- well I change the battery with a new asm battery or whater don't have it registered yet but it literaly is throwing every code on the dash well I get it home and it cranks starts and dies about 10-12 times well the battery died and I hooked a charger on it well now I get the thing charged it just cranks and cranks no start any ideas on it and anyone herd of a rong headgasket dignostics from dealer any ideas what would make it start and then after charged battery no start ive checked fuses n all that the imv maybe or the control module under the front corner let me know any ideas I have ordered the cable and programing to clear codes maybe rest stuff
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2014, 06:15 PM

Mein Auto: 745li
Well first off. Sitting that long what gas that was in it has to be bad. Very bad so trying to crank it u need to drain gas out of tank and ad fresh gas maybe even then change spark plugs. Then try to see if its cranking but overall need to check to see if its getting gas because having little amount of gas when turned old gas will start to gel and crystallize. . causing fuel pump to maybe get clogged up. So u might not be getting fuel. But basically I see u need to do the proper maintance. A person should do to any old car before cranking it. Change oil... First and other fluids

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-26-2014, 08:56 PM

ok I will get plugs drain tank I axualy pulled the ivm out and inside the plug is verry corroded- I will attatch pics it is a perfect example of y they did the recal I have my fingers crossed that it may have been the cause of the shaking miss she was told was head gasket! that'd be great- im going to swap it out do plugs and fuel was on empty so Im gona get some 93 and top it off ill keep update aswell any ideas please post

Last edited by chaso22; 10-26-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:51 AM
CRISP & CLEAN

Mein Auto: Ford Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaso22 View Post
ok I will get plugs drain tank I axualy pulled the ivm out and inside the plug is verry corroded- I will attatch pics it is a perfect example of y they did the recal I have my fingers crossed that it may have been the cause of the shaking miss she was told was head gasket! that'd be great- im going to swap it out do plugs and fuel was on empty so Im gona get some 93 and top it off ill keep update aswell any ideas please post
make sure the drain tubes are not clogged before you put in a new IVM ,
Or you will ruin that unit also .
Old 10-28-2014, 07:45 AM

so I got the module in...soon as I hooked the battery back up smoke started rolling from the vtt module I ake it out theres water allll in the plugs so that tells me it didn't have power before I changed the ivm so maybe now I change ivm and change the vvt it will stop throwing every code and run
Old 10-28-2014, 07:50 AM

i finaly got inpa working took me 3 times to uninstall and install to get it working right got it going in English finaly does any one know if the vvt can be registered with inpa ive read a few forums say they just changed the vvt no programming and ran fine then i don't have a firm guide on it yet i will try to install no programing if it runs no program i will let u guys no
Old 10-28-2014, 11:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 750Li
you mean calibrated? yes, they can be done using INPA, even though there is also a manual, sort of speaking, procedure without having to use INPA, i saw it on a thread here. But since you now do have INPA use it.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:47 PM

can anyone elabrolate on how to program the vvt module with inpa or manually I got the car started today but had misfire with no vvt module plugged in it started go figure... it has misfire 5 and 6 cyl and several misfire code I think once the vvt is in it will smooth out if anyone has a 745 and acess to start with the vvt unplugged and compare notes see if it starts and runs fine or misses if runs smooth then I have anoher issue I swapped coil and plugs to rule out them so hope its the vvt module if not has a serious issue

Last edited by chaso22; 10-29-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:03 PM

So we got it running today and runs like a top!! I got inpa up and going good too but having issue vvt not programming any ideas ohw to car runs good no head gasket!!! it had a misfire cyl 7 injector well lucky I had already bought a good motor expecting the worse well I changed the injector and presto and yes the car does run with the vvt not programed but in the inpa t says vvt no operational so any tips info would be helpful and anyone looking I have a e65 e66 motor intake to pan for 900.00 let me kknow and any tips on programing vvt would be helpful it also is throwing dinamic drive inactive any advise?
Old 11-01-2014, 09:12 PM

bump any ideas on vvt programing