Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:26 PM

Mein Auto: x5
Definately interesting thread u got on here.Am prety sure il learn 1 or 2 thigns from u...thnks!

Last edited by Thesourcefed; 02-14-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:57 AM

Mein Auto: 135i
Have ordered my M3 today also. Alpine White with Black Novilla lether inside. Got the competition pack, carbon roof, DCT, high end audio, heated seats (don't really want them bu car available with them that suited my list). No orders being taken from Australia now for E92s so was lucky to find a car currently in the showrooms here. Has the Matt black wheels but they will change over to the 19" Y alloy wheels which I prefer. Also getting carbon side mirrows which i really like the look of in the white car

Car is currently interstate in a showroom so will be 3 weeks maximum til they have it here for me. Will be sad to see the 135i go but am very excited to get the new. Must say I am envious of the prices you guys talk about over in the States. You would die if you had to buy a car in Australia. Tax and the tyranny of distance.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 50i, M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Critical View Post
Have ordered my M3 today also. Alpine White with Black Novilla lether inside. Got the competition pack, carbon roof, DCT, high end audio, heated seats (don't really want them bu car available with them that suited my list). No orders being taken from Australia now for E92s so was lucky to find a car currently in the showrooms here. Has the Matt black wheels but they will change over to the 19" Y alloy wheels which I prefer. Also getting carbon side mirrows which i really like the look of in the white car

Car is currently interstate in a showroom so will be 3 weeks maximum til they have it here for me. Will be sad to see the 135i go but am very excited to get the new. Must say I am envious of the prices you guys talk about over in the States. You would die if you had to buy a car in Australia. Tax and the tyranny of distance.
that's a great color choice, you're going to love it. and the best part about all the goodies is that once you get her above 1200 miles, get serviced, and rock to the redline, it's all a sideshow.

embrace the wait.

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Old 02-23-2013, 03:43 PM

Mein Auto: 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by highyo View Post
that's a great color choice, you're going to love it. and the best part about all the goodies is that once you get her above 1200 miles, get serviced, and rock to the redline, it's all a sideshow.

embrace the wait.
Fortunately a short embrace then action time. That's always a good formula.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:39 PM

Mein Auto: c63
Quote:
I took a Merc C63 sedan out yday and that is a beast (again no coupe avail for a test). Hard choice between those 2. The C63 rear feels heavier and wants to slip a bit but the power was pretty stunning. Any commnets on these 2 cars. I think I like the M3 overall.
i have a c63. i test drove both an m3 and the c63. the c63 was much better for general street driving. more power, nicer interior, better seats. except for the power, obviously these are opinions. the m3 nav unit is nicer though. MB command is a bit dated and needs an update.

recently, i almost traded my c63 for a 335.. then i test drove one and ran away. having said that, i'm definitely keeping my options open between the cts-v, new m3, and new c63 when its time to change up w the new models being released. the AMG seems underpowered (amazing) relative to the competition now so it should be interesting.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:54 PM
Fight On!

Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtf View Post
i have a c63. i test drove both an m3 and the c63. the c63 was much better for general street driving. more power, nicer interior, better seats. except for the power, obviously these are opinions. the m3 nav unit is nicer though. MB command is a bit dated and needs an update.

recently, i almost traded my c63 for a 335.. then i test drove one and ran away. having said that, i'm definitely keeping my options open between the cts-v, new m3, and new c63 when its time to change up w the new models being released. the AMG seems underpowered (amazing) relative to the competition now so it should be interesting.
Seriously dude? How much of the C63 power can you unleash "for general street driving"?

I'll take a 335i over a C63 "for general street driving" any day of the week.

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT
Old 02-25-2013, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Seriously dude? How much of the C63 power can you unleash "for general street driving"?

I'll take a 335i over a C63 "for general street driving" any day of the week.
335 over a c63? that is bizarre. for tooling around, i would take my escalade over my c63. if i want fun and speed, you already know the answer. having said that, it is a matter of preference which is why i prefaced my statement as an opinion the guy asked for an opinion and i gave it.

however, it is to say that track performance is a moot point. in 2 years, i have 16 hours of driving school vs 14,000 miles of street driving. with that mind mind, who cares about 50/50 weight balance and the stig lap times? i'll take fun factor and straight line power in a merc all day over bragging rights of a lap time done by someone else. so, in summary, don't take it personally. if the next m3 blows away the next c63, brand loyalty certainly won't be holding me back.

Last edited by rtf; 02-25-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 E92 M3
Quote:
335 over a c63? that is bizarre. for tooling around, i would take my escalade over my c63. if i want fun and speed, you already know the answer. having said that, it is a matter of preference which is why i prefaced my statement as an opinion the guy asked for an opinion and i gave it.

however, it is to say that track performance is a moot point. in 2 years, i have 16 hours of driving school vs 14,000 miles of street driving. with that mind mind, who cares about 50/50 weight balance and the stig lap times? i'll take fun factor and straight line power in a merc all day over bragging rights of a lap time done by someone else. so, in summary, don't take it personally. if the next m3 blows away the next c63, brand loyalty certainly won't be holding me back.
It already blows it away on the track, and IMHO also on every road that counts. As you said it just depends what your looking for.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E82 & 2012 E93
Quote:

No doubt the C63 had more power than M3 but it took a 6.3L engine to produce 465 BHP, the nav & command on MB is extremly difficult to operate beside you need to keep the radio power on in order for the nav to work.
2006 E90 ( Sold )
2001 E46 ( Sold )

My next vehicle would be a Zamboni
Old 02-25-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge9 View Post
It already blows it away on the track, and IMHO also on every road that counts. As you said it just depends what your looking for.
yeah how many track days do you have in the past year? lols. like i said, it is completely moot. road is no contest in favor of the c63, neither the m3 nor 335 have any chance in a stock for stock comparison. i'm guessing based on your phrasing that when you say, "any road that counts," you mean a road you will be able to win on. spare me any further diatribe regarding your insecurities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1zamboni View Post
the nav & command on MB is extremly difficult to operate beside you need to keep the radio power on in order for the nav to work.
well, i disagree with complexity. i found idrive to have far more settings (ie difficulty) than command as far as learning goes. command is very simple but it is also very dated. i dont really care for it either TBH. it is a real weakness of the car. it needs a major update with a bigger screen etc.

Last edited by rtf; 02-25-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
yeah how many track days do you have in the past year? lols. like i said, it is completely moot. road is no contest in favor of the c63, neither the m3 nor 335 have any chance in a stock for stock comparison. i'm guessing based on your phrasing that when you say, "any road that counts," you mean a road you will be able to win on. spare me any further diatribe regarding your insecurities.

So it's ok for you to have opinions, but everyone else's is 'diatribes' based in their 'insecurities'?

Got it.

My ignore list. Welcome to it.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:06 PM

youre an idiot. welcome to my ignore list. oh wait, i just wont come back to this forum and stick to sixspeed where people actually have money and drive. go jb4 your 335 ******
Old 02-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:

I had just put 4 new PSSs on, so I was in for an alignment at my local dealer couple weeks ago, they had a ZCP AW over Fox in the showroom. Lovely car. Enjoy.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Fight On!

Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
Quote:

How can it be bizarre when you even considered trading in your c63 for the 335i?

Even more bizarre? You are the one who is being defensive, and I am taking it personally? Look yourself in the mirror.

If you really have attended a driving school program that's wroth anything, you know a properly balanced car and proper driving techniques are not just for the tracks, but also useful for street driving.

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT