Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 01-29-2013, 02:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 550I GT
BMW now offers updated fuel injectors

I am aware this is the incorrect forum (F07 has very little action) but I felt this was relevant to F10 crowd. I purchased my 550I GT used 4 months ago (BMW CPO). It has been in the shop 3 times now. 1 oil pump replaced, and 2 times for drive train malfunction error. BMW dealer is now replacing my battery and all 8 fuel injectors. The service manager informed me BMW now has updated fuel injectors for these engines. Instead of just replacing 1 they are now doing all 8. Just a heads up. I have read plenty of complaints about the injectors on this board. I hope this information helps.
Ads by Google
Old 04-16-2013, 05:34 PM

Mein Auto: '03 745Li, '04 Escalade
Thanks. I took mine in last Friday and picked it up today. They replaced all 8 injectors as well and full charged the battery. Not sure what the battery has to do with the injectors.