Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:38 AM

Mein Auto: F30 320d Msport
BLACK OR BLUE?? I cant decide

Hi All

I think this site is great!!!

I am currently driving a white 323i msport and just ordered an F30 320d.

I am confused on which colour would look better.....Estoril Blue or Black!!!!!

Silver i am told is boring, mineral grey is amazing, but just does not appealing when slightly dirty. I have had 2 black cars before and absolutely loved them.

Question is.......do i get the EBII or black on my new msport?????
will i get tired of EBII in 2 years time???? black remains timeless, but i fig, this will be my 1st diesel car so i am going different, why not try a dif colour!!!!!!!!!!!!

would really love to hear ppls opinions and thoughts on this. i have to confirm an order by beg of feb!!!!

thanks all
Ads by Google
Old 01-30-2013, 04:16 AM
Woodswatchco

Mein Auto: 2013 328i 6sp manual
If you are keeping the car longer than three years and you are not sure about estoril blue, get a timeless color. I like silver, gray, or white. All of those look good with the coral red interior to liven things up. The everest gray interior is nice too. Anything but black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik View Post
Hi All

Silver i am told is boring, mineral grey is amazing, but just does not appealing when slightly dirty. I have had 2 black cars before and absolutely loved them.

will i get tired of EBII in 2 years time???? black remains timeless, but i fig, this will be my 1st diesel car so i am going different, why not try a dif colour!!!!!!!!!!!!

would really love to hear ppls opinions and thoughts on this. i have to confirm an order by beg of feb!!!!

thanks all
Old 01-30-2013, 05:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
What's wrong with Silver?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=634370

It's never out of style, looks great in person, and is much easier to maintain than just about any color.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 AM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
I love blue but I'm not a fan of EBII. Black is a swirl magnet though and looks like crap if not pristinely maintained

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video: https://vimeo.com/60051914
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 01-30-2013, 06:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Make sure you see EBII in person, it can look rather bright blue in certain lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ismagic# View Post
I love blue but I'm not a fan of EBII. Black is a swirl magnet though and looks like crap if not pristinely maintained

When you get your car (i.e. a black one) it should be free of scratches/swirls. You're only gonna get scratches/swirls due to:

1) Improper washing/drying
2) Taking it to the car wash
3) Letting your dealer wash it

Last edited by SamS; 01-30-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:32 AM

Mein Auto: Soon in a F30 320i
Quote:
Hi All

thanks all
I have a black 125coupe, yes it looks amazing however scratches are easily noticed and difficult to keep clean for long. I have just ordered an Estoril blue 3 series as a second car. The color is amazing and because of the msport kit it looks even better. Try a new color, don't think you'll be disappointed .
Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
What's wrong with Silver?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=634370

It's never out of style, looks great in person, and is much easier to maintain than just about any color.
What's wrong you ask? It's just too boring, too many Silver Polo out there that make a BMW look ordinary. Get a wild color like Estoril blue
Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 AM
unbekannt

Mein Auto: 750Li Hi-Sec, '13 Actros
ebII is kind of a flashy, "look at me" boy racerish color
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 AM

Yes it does, don't we all want to feel young?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:53 AM
unbekannt

like Rod Stewart?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 AM
unbekannt

"Forever Young" is the second single released by Rod Stewart from his Out of Order album in 1988. The song was a Top 20 hit on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at #12.

The song is a re-write of a Bob Dylan song of the same title. Stewart agreed to share his royalties with Dylan.[1] Rod Stewart wrote the song with two of his band members: guitarist Jim Cregan and keyboardist Kevin Savigar. Stewart told Mojo Magazine in 1995 that he considered "Forever Young" to be one of his favorite songs and the reason for writing it was, "I love 'Forever Young', because that was a real heartfelt song about my kids. I suddenly realized I'd missed a good five years of Sean and Kimberley's life because I was so busy touring all the time. With these kids now I don't make that mistake- I take them on tour with me, so I can watch them grow up. So that's another favorite. Unfortunately, it wasn't a big hit in England, but it's like a national anthem here (America)".[2] Rod Stewart recorded a more mellow version of the song for his 1996 compilation album If We Fall in Love Tonight.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:10 AM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
eb2, no brainer
Old 01-30-2013, 07:26 AM

Mein Auto: E60
I wish these were my Problems!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaheed View Post
What's wrong you ask? It's just too boring, too many Silver Polo out there that make a BMW look ordinary. Get a wild color like Estoril blue
Says you!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 AM
unbekannt

darn Krash I'm so sorry, seems all i see here are people who trash your exact choices for your F30. last time it was someone who "couldnt change his order fast enough" to get rid of that red line across the dash, now its someone calling silver boring. although not sure what he means by silver polo. polo t-shirt?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris328 View Post
darn Krash I'm so sorry, seems all i see here are people who trash your exact choices for your F30. last time it was someone who "couldnt change his order fast enough" to get rid of that red line across the dash, now its someone calling silver boring. although not sure what he means by silver polo. polo t-shirt?
It's all good.

By the way, there are color choices I absolutely hate and would never consider. I just keep that to myself. I would rather just point out that I prefer certain color combinations, and refrain from trashing the color combinations I do not like at all.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 AM
Life in da fast lane!

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris328 View Post
...although not sure what he means by silver polo. polo t-shirt?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 AM

You mean something like this?

Old 01-30-2013, 01:17 PM

Mein Auto: BMW!
I got the black but if I could do it over again, I think I would get Blue.. It's a beautiful colour and different than most cars on the road. Next time you go out for a drive check out how many black / silver /white cars you see as opposed to any other colour. it gets boring imo..
Having said that, Black is easier to sell and you would probably never get sick of it.
Oh well, next time

Chiba
Old 01-30-2013, 01:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2014/2015 ED 328 upcoming
If you really can't decide between the two, get the black, which is free. And spend the money on the metallic paint on an upgrade you weren't otherwise going to get.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: Traded M5 for Volt!?!?
Quote:
Hi All

thanks all
Um, if you think mineral grey is "not appealing when slightly dirty" what the heck is black? I love a clean black car as much as anyone, but I know I am in over my head when it comes to keeping them clean. Even my blue cars have been tough in that regard. Mineral grey (or is it gray) would seem to be closer to silver in terms of looking similar clean or dirty. As an aside, the original EB E36 M3s are generally acknowledged to be the most desirable color combo for that generation. YMMV.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:54 PM

Mein Auto: 335i F30 M-Sport
I would have never thought to select Glacier Silver as an order but went to get a car on-lot by the end of year and that was what they had in stock closest to my order specs. After a month, I still couldn't be happier with this color - love it. Bonus - it never looks dirty.

I live in LA where there are A LOT of 3-series (and every series), everywhere, on my block, etc. - and the color I always see everywhere is Black. Now that I'm keeping my eyes open I don't see a lot of F30 or E90 in silver on the road. E46 mostly.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=667027

Even though I like the color I agree with earlier poster about the EB maybe getting dated in a while. Right now its great but it'll be a mark of right now when the M-Sport came out with that color.

The Glacier Silver seems to straddle sporty and also grown up where I want it to be.

Last edited by akaMomo; 01-30-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaMomo View Post
I would have never thought to select Glacier Silver as an order but went to get a car on-lot by the end of year and that was what they had in stock closest to my order specs. After a month, I still couldn't be happier with this color - love it. Bonus - it never looks dirty.

I live in LA where there are A LOT of 3-series (and every series), everywhere, on my block, etc. - and the color I always see everywhere is Black. Now that I'm keeping my eyes open I don't see a lot of F30 or E90 in silver on the road. E46 mostly.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=667027

Even though I like the color I agree with earlier poster about the EB maybe getting dated in a while. Right now its great but it'll be a mark of right now when the M-Sport came out with that color.

The Glacier Silver seems to straddle sporty and also grown up where I want it to be.
Yes, I was convinced I was getting Black Sapphire practically up to the last minute before I ordered. Glacier Silver looks really hot in person; especially with Sport line and the black grill and black pipes. Really sophisticated and by far easiest to maintain (in terms of looking clean vs dirty).

By the way, nothing against Black Sapphire. I love it. I almost bought it. It was a tough choice for me.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:22 PM

Mein Auto: F30
Mineral Gray on F30 looks amazing. I'm glad I went with Mineral Gray on my M-Sport 335i, classy and elegant.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 PM

Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
I go with Estoril Blue or Montegro Blue or SkyBlue

Back is a pian in the butt to maintain
06 130i - ROCK SOLID Performer
07 320i - SOLD
08 E92 325i - Blue SOLD
Bicycles: Giant TCR Advanced Zero SOLD, Argon 18 Krypton, Argon 18E114, Trek Madone COMING
BOUGHT : MY11.5 X1 Xdrive25i

New car... Estoril Blue Car