Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
"Variety is the spice of life." If we all liked the same cars with the same colors, etc., life would be pretty boring. Buy what you like and don't worry what others think. Btw, EBII all the way!

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik View Post
Hi All

I think this site is great!!!

would really love to hear ppls opinions and thoughts on this. i have to confirm an order by beg of feb!!!!

thanks all

You can't decide between Black and Blue because they are the most common, most unattractive, most boring colors in the land of BMW.

Mineral Grey is what you really want.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 01-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Bbbllluueeee!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbuc View Post
"Variety is the spice of life." If we all liked the same cars with the same colors, etc., life would be pretty boring. Buy what you like and don't worry what others think.

Btw, EBII all the way!

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to jfox335i
Mein Auto: 2010 E90 M3
EB. I have BSM, its a sharp color when clean, but I probably wouldn't choose it if I were building a car. Mineral grey just doesn't do it for me. Space gray was a better gray. Silver is decent. Red is sharp too. Imperial blue is boring. White is meh. Bronze is ugh.

BMWCCA #471315
Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 PM

Mein Auto: VW GTI
I am torn between colors as well.... Going to put an order in and can't decide if I want the Estoril, Red, or Silver. I have a Dark Blue car now which I love the look of but it isn't easy to keep clean at all. The EB looks slightly too bright, the Red looks kinda orangey... I am a mess! Have to keep in mind it is only a car.... I do like seeing all the different pictures of people's cars, helps give me ideas.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick22 View Post
I am torn between colors as well.... Going to put an order in and can't decide if I want the Estoril, Red, or Silver. I have a Dark Blue car now which I love the look of but it isn't easy to keep clean at all. The EB looks slightly too bright, the Red looks kinda orangey... I am a mess! Have to keep in mind it is only a car.... I do like seeing all the different pictures of people's cars, helps give me ideas.
Estoril is too purple, Red is too orange.

Go with the silver.

BJ

Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 PM

Mein Auto: VW GTI
Quote:
Estoril is too purple, Red is too orange.

Go with the silver.

BJ
BJ, I think you are right. That is the way I am leaning right now. I guess I am not the only one that thinks those colors are slightly off IMHO.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Yoyo Mama

Mein Auto: 2013 F30 335xi BSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick22 View Post
I thought about the Melbourne Red but it was too candy, bright red at the end of the day. I like the Vermillion Red on the E92 but they didn't make it available for the F30 or that would've been a no brainer for me. Imperial blue is decent but if I'm going to go blue the tanzanite individual blue is by far the best (way too expensive though). My wife has a dark blue car so I didn't want to get another blue car. Silver is kinda meh for me. My E46 was silver and I always thought it was boring - and silver tends not to age well.

In all honesty, the prettiest F30 color is probably mineral gray. It has the most variations under different lighting, has a nice base color that always attractive and hides dirt very well for a darker color. If it weren't for my E90 being such a similar color for 7 years, I would've gone mineral gray. Instead I chose Blk Sapphire - amazing color but what a PITA to keep clean. I waxed my car yesterday and today after the rain its already dirty.

F30 2013 335i xDrive BSM :: 8AT :: Sport Line:: Tech Package :: Anthracite :: Heated Seats

E90 2006 325i SG :: steptronic :: xenon :: power/heated seats :: comfort access :: sat prep :: poplar
Mods: Chrome Exhaust Tips

2013 RX 350 Mica Blue

Retired: 2001 325i
Retired: 2003 TL 3.2

Last edited by kobechrome; 01-30-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: more colors
Old 01-30-2013, 11:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Thumbs up Go Red !

Quote:
Hi All

I think this site is great!!!

I am currently driving a white 323i msport and just ordered an F30 320d.

I am confused on which colour would look better.....Estoril Blue or Black!!!!!

Silver i am told is boring, mineral grey is amazing, but just does not appealing when slightly dirty. I have had 2 black cars before and absolutely loved them.

Question is.......do i get the EBII or black on my new msport?????
will i get tired of EBII in 2 years time???? black remains timeless, but i fig, this will be my 1st diesel car so i am going different, why not try a dif colour!!!!!!!!!!!!

would really love to hear ppls opinions and thoughts on this. i have to confirm an order by beg of feb!!!!

thanks all
Go Red ! Melbourne Red You will love it. Go out of the box. This is our second Red Bimmer We had Crimson Red with our 2009 with black leather interior. Years ago , I worked for a South African based company Kreepy Krauley pool cleaning systems. Fun company to work for. We hope to visit your country someday u
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD330i View Post
Go Red ! Melbourne Red You will love it. Go out of the box. This is our second Red Bimmer We had Crimson Red with our 2009 with black leather interior. Years ago , I worked for a South African based company Kreepy Krauley pool cleaning systems. Fun company to work for. We hope to visit your country someday u
Melbourne red is nice. At one point, I was strongly considering that color. It's especially nice with the sport line.

My stack ranking was:
Glacier Silver
Black Sapphire
Melbourne Red

Honestly, I would have been happy with any of those, but I ultimately went with Silver.

The line you choose plays a big role too.

If I went with the luxury line instead, my top 2 choices would have been Black Sapphire or Mineral Grey. Those are the 2 best colors with the luxury line. They really pop out with the extra chrome and the wheels.

But with the sport line, I really like silver and red as well as black.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:53 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Quote:

BJ

Btw BJ, did you know that 7% of the male population is color blind?

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
Old 01-31-2013, 06:31 AM
unbekannt

Mein Auto: 750Li Hi-Sec, '13 Actros
I've heard that the F30 was designed to appeal to both sexes and thats why it has the questionable lines it does; the EBII does this no favors.

Last edited by chris328; 01-31-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:59 AM

Mein Auto: BMW!
If your that worried your driving a girly looking car you can always add an accessory or two

But seriously, to imply EB2 is feminine seems a bit of a stretch to me.

Chiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris328 View Post
I've heard that the F30 was designed to appeal to both sexes and thats why it has the questionable lines it does; the EBII does this no favors.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 AM
unbekannt

Mein Auto: 750Li Hi-Sec, '13 Actros
i didnt say girly i said effeminate. ive heard others call barbera red effeminate which is basically a dark, deep red (much darker than EBII is of a blue). but now all of a sudden all these dudes have the brand new EBII and no one says crap
Old 01-31-2013, 08:56 AM
energetik9

Mein Auto: 911 Carrera 4S
I would never get a silver, grey or black, but that is just my preference.

I owned a M Roadster that was estoril blue and loved it.
Previous - X5 3.0i with prem/sport
Previous - 2000 ///M roadster
----------------------------
Someone should invent a sarcasm font...
Old 01-31-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiba View Post
If your that worried your driving a girly looking car you can always add an accessory or two

But seriously, to imply EB2 is feminine seems a bit of a stretch to me.

Chiba

BJ

Old 01-31-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:

BJ
Hahaha well done sir!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:35 AM
Blue Bimmer!

Mein Auto: 2013 335i EBII
E Blue II shows dirt and swirls like black cars sadly.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:50 PM

So I showed my wife this pic from DavidM1975's Estoril Blue thread

For the record, she thinks it's "Very girly"

I guess I'm glad I ended up with Black
Chiba

Last edited by chiba; 01-31-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:13 PM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
Hi All

.......I am confused on which colour would look better.....Estoril Blue or Black!!!!!

Silver i am told is boring, mineral grey is amazing, but just does not appealing when slightly dirty. I have had 2 black cars before and absolutely loved them.

Question is.......do i get the EBII or black on my new msport?????
will i get tired of EBII in 2 years time???? black remains timeless, but i fig, this will be my 1st diesel car so i am going different, why not try a dif colour......
I looked at the Estoril Blue and loved it but my Wife said "that is a mid-life crisis color!" I guess I do not want anyone to mistake me for some 25 year old. The Black & Silver were real nice but they blend in with all the other Silver and Black cars in the neighborhood. But then I seen an Imperial Blue, looks Black at night and the sun really brightens the color, however, not available with the M-Sport.

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats
Old 01-31-2013, 04:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
I looked at the Estoril Blue and loved it but my Wife said "that is a mid-life crisis color!" I guess I do not want anyone to mistake me for some 25 year old. The Black & Silver were real nice but they blend in with all the other Silver and Black cars in the neighborhood. But then I seen an Imperial Blue, looks Black at night and the sun really brightens the color, however, not available with the M-Sport.
2 things:
  1. Don't ever let your wife pick the color of your car. Don't even ask for her opinion.
  2. Don't ask anyone on Bimmerfest what color you should get. It's even worse than asking your wife.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:40 PM
Elected by grace

Mein Auto: 1 M; '11 328iT; 08 R32
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
2 things:
  1. Don't ever let your wife pick the color of your car. Don't even ask for her opinion.
I don't know about yours, but with mine I don't need to ask 'The Warden', because it's generally compulsory that you're going to get a load of it anyway.

Last 3 colors were Imola red, Le Mans blue and Valencia Orange, and of the 3 I think she only grudgingly likes the orange. The last one I know she liked was a '01 330Cic Steel gray with Tanin red leather cabrio.

Quote:

2. Don't ask anyone on Bimmerfest what color you should get. It's even worse than asking your wife.
Agreed. It's okay to ask what interior best complements such and such, because some people have no sense or eye for color coordination. Not a crime.

And as far Estoril blue goes I've liked it ever since it adorned the E36 M. The problem with the F30 is there aren't any compelling complements interior wise. It needs a Natural brown or dark caramel to help it pop better in my opinion.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:37 PM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
2 things:
I am glad I did not commit the #1 sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
I don't know about yours, but with mine I don't need to ask 'The Warden', because it's generally compulsory that you're going to get a load of it anyway.

Last 3 colors were Imola red, Le Mans blue and Valencia Orange, and of the 3 I think she only grudgingly likes the orange. The last one I know she liked was a '01 330Cic Steel gray with Tanin red leather cabrio.

Agreed. It's okay to ask what interior best complements such and such, because some people have no sense or eye for color coordination. Not a crime.

And as far Estoril blue goes I've liked it ever since it adorned the E36 M. The problem with the F30 is there aren't any compelling complements interior wise. It needs a Natural brown or dark caramel to help it pop better in my opinion.
I personally like the red line highlight in the interior best (good choice krash), a sport line exclusive (blue highlight line if you get the M-sport). I also wanted the Everest Gray (also not available with the M-Sport). I also think that the Everest Gray would look good with the Estoril Blue No regrets with my color choice!

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats

Last edited by kpgray; 01-31-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:00 PM

Mein Auto: '13 335i M-Sport 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaheed View Post
Yes it does, don't we all want to feel young?
+1 or even red. I'm one of those anal dudes who is very careful and do not have swirls on my black sapphire paint. I've had a black Acura, then 530i, and 325i. My M3 was Silver Gray and even though the bastard always looked clean and no worries from swirls, I had to go back to black.

My former GF (black) told me "once you go black, you'll never go back" LOL