Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 PM

Mein Auto: F10 M-Sport
2012 535i Msport deal?

Hey guys. Sorry about blowing up the front page but I have a couple hours to make a decision on this car before the dealer voids the deal.

I just saw a 2012 535i Msport (Alpine white on Oyster) with Premium,Technology package and Msport package with a production date of 2011-11-16. It has 18,500 miles on it and they are asking $47,000 plus tax,tag,title. Is this a good deal? I just hate the fact that it doesnt have HUD and rear shades. Any help would be appreciated.
Ads by Google
Old 01-31-2013, 03:29 PM
cor door sedan

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by kps_desi View Post
...I have a couple hours to make a decision on this car before the dealer voids the deal...I just hate the fact that it doesnt have HUD and rear shades.
I wouldn't let a dealer threat to void a deal because of some arbitrary time constraint pressure me into purchasing a vehicle that was missing a few features I really wanted. In fact, I would tell the dealer I am only possibly maybe kind of semi-interested in the vehicle because it is missing those features and that I am willing to be patient to get what I want.

I don't know if the deal you've been offered is great or not. But I do know that it won't be the last great deal. You should really try to get exactly what you want, and if you can't, then you should look to get a cheaper price and on your terms, not theirs.

-Corey
Old 01-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
If it is a CPO, then its a pretty good deal.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
If it is a CPO, then its a pretty good deal.
not cpo just the standard warranty
Old 01-31-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordoor View Post
I wouldn't let a dealer threat to void a deal because of some arbitrary time constraint pressure me into purchasing a vehicle that was missing a few features I really wanted. In fact, I would tell the dealer I am only possibly maybe kind of semi-interested in the vehicle because it is missing those features and that I am willing to be patient to get what I want.

I don't know if the deal you've been offered is great or not. But I do know that it won't be the last great deal. You should really try to get exactly what you want, and if you can't, then you should look to get a cheaper price and on your terms, not theirs.

-Corey
Yeahh I understand and you're completely right but I have been looking for the past 3 weeks and this is the closest I have found on my budget.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:05 PM
cor door sedan

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by kps_desi View Post
Yeahh I understand and you're completely right but I have been looking for the past 3 weeks and this is the closest I have found on my budget.
A sanity check against KBB shows it to be a really good price.

What are you driving now?

When I bought my used E60 a few years ago (a 2008 535xi), I was driving a 13 year old 1997 Honda Accord EX-L I had purchased new way-back-when and was dealing with intense pressure from my wife to upgrade ;-) I had been checking my local BMW dealership once or twice a week for several months when the E60 I wanted appeared and at a great price, so I struck.

I will admit I was apprehensive. I had gone so long with that Accord that I loved, and with no car payment, that I felt I was entering into unknown territory that felt awkward to me. But once I pulled the trigger and drove home, and then drove to the canyons, and then drove I-can't-remember-where for the next few weeks, and since it was my first BMW, I can tell you that it was such a freaking awesome vehicle to me and I've loved it so much ever since that I'm happy I made the jump.

The used E60 I bought didn't have every single feature (it didn't have paddle shifters or HUD, for example). But at the time, I didn't know what I was missing. It did, actually, come with a few features I didn't know anything about (e.g. it had the ultra rare adaptive cruise control feature). But I loved it anyway.

If you've been looking for awhile, this one is close to what you want, and it's in your budget, strike! You will love it!

-Corey
Old 01-31-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordoor View Post
A sanity check against KBB shows it to be a really good price.

What are you driving now?

When I bought my used E60 a few years ago (a 2008 535xi), I was driving a 13 year old 1997 Honda Accord EX-L I had purchased new way-back-when and was dealing with intense pressure from my wife to upgrade ;-) I had been checking my local BMW dealership once or twice a week for several months when the E60 I wanted appeared and at a great price, so I struck.

I will admit I was apprehensive. I had gone so long with that Accord that I loved, and with no car payment, that I felt I was entering into unknown territory that felt awkward to me. But once I pulled the trigger and drove home, and then drove to the canyons, and then drove I-can't-remember-where for the next few weeks, and since it was my first BMW, I can tell you that it was such a freaking awesome vehicle to me and I've loved it so much ever since that I'm happy I made the jump.

The used E60 I bought didn't have every single feature (it didn't have paddle shifters or HUD, for example). But at the time, I didn't know what I was missing. It did, actually, come with a few features I didn't know anything about (e.g. it had the ultra rare adaptive cruise control feature). But I loved it anyway.

If you've been looking for awhile, this one is close to what you want, and it's in your budget, strike! You will love it!

-Corey
Well I just sold my Infiniti G35 (Which will be used as the down payment) a couple weeks ago because of high mileage and currently driving my first car, 1997 Nissan Maxima. My wife is driving her 12 Toyota Sienna. So I'm not actually in dire need of a car. I can wait a few weeks and even a few months if need be. I guess I just miss driving my G and want the huge upgrade I'm looking for :-)

After the pros and cons, I might just wait for another one to come along. Im sure more and more 2012s will be showing up on the market now. But I believe youre 100 correct that I should be happy with my car. I really do want the HUD since I do travel. Also, the MSRP is around 65k and why not have all the bells and whistles associated with a higher end car. Thank you for your detailed replies!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Ride On!

Mein Auto: 2012 535i MSport
Good decision.
Get what you want. I'd wait for HUD too. Before I got it, didn't think much of it. Now that I have it, can't do without. It's so cool, especially on conjunction with NAV and getting it coded to display other info (which I still need to get done).

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Bimmer App

BMWCCA #474327

2012 F10 535i MSport
mods: Vollkommen front lip|M5 grill|M5 exhaust|M5 diffuser|Vibrant resonator|BMS stage 1|ACS springs|Suntek full front-end clearbra|FormulaOne Pinnacle tint 35%|clear reflectors|rear fog light switch|JBL ms-8 audio processor|Morel subwoofer
Old 02-02-2013, 05:09 AM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Sounds like a really good deal to me. Any 2012's with M Sport I saw were going in the $50's. From what I had seen, near my area, that price is even low for a 2011 M Sport car. Though, with M Sport package being more common now, who knows if that same resale value factor will still apply going forward.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.