Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:37 AM

Mein Auto: 535i GT
Seat Belt Adjustments ?

Hi: I just got my new 2013 535i GT a few weeks ago. With one exception, I love everything about the car. However, no matter how I adjust the driver's seat, I can't find a position that works for driving without the seat belt cutting into the side of my neck. BMW says there is nothing they can do to adjust it. I've seen aftermarket adjusters/extenders/tensioners, etc., but don't know if any of them work. Short of getting one of those fuzzy seat belt covers, have any of you found a satisfactory solution to this problem? Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 10:49 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 535i GT
I'm guessing you've already tried elevating the seat to the highest position. Cant think of any other way of adjusting in car but here's an aftermarket option I found in amazon. Hope that helps.

UTF8Masterlink Marketing 296-os Black Seatbelt Adjuster, (Pack of 2)

2012 535i GT ED 1/9/2012

Last edited by mycabrandz; 01-30-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 535xi GT
Welcome to the GT family and to this forum which should nicely complement the owner's manual as it has for me.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:59 PM

Mein Auto: 535i GT
Thanks. That looks like a very popular item on Amazon. I've also seen rigid extenders and pre-tensioners that hook onto the column attachment. They are all pretty inexpensive, so I may have to try a couple of different approaches and see what works best.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:34 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 535i GT
BTW, you have a California profile and SJ handle...that may mean you could be the other "rare" GT sighting we've had in the area. Kinda cool to know there's another 'Fester in the vicinity with a GT.

2012 535i GT ED 1/9/2012