Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 AM

Mein Auto: 645ci
All of sudden no beep or flashing lights when pushing lock on the key fob

Just purchased 2004 645CI. After 2 days of owning the confirmation beep and light flash after locking with keyfob quit, it still does it for unlocking. Verified that it is turned on in Idrive. I went back into Idirve and turned off the confirmation and turnd it back on again with same results. I have searched the forum and could not find anything.
Ads by Google
Old 01-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
If you started using a different key, that could be the problem. You could try rebooting the IDrive by pressing the volume button, & both eject buttons on the CD & DVD units. This might fix the problem. Navigating the IDrive at times, is very trying. If you do not have a owners manual, you can download a copy from BMW's website.

Good Luck!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 645Ci Convertible
This happened to me and I discovered it was because the trunk was not properly closed. It looked okay, but was not latched and could be lifted.

Hitting unlock allowed me to close the trunk properly - it latched and then the remote lock function worked and alerted as normal.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:20 AM
youtube.com/lidlgangsta

Mein Auto: 05' 645ci & 01' z3
Yeah it could be that the trunk is open. I have the same problem with my trunk. The latch has an issue (05 645ci)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Bimmer App

2010 Acura TL (daily driver)
2005 BMW 645ci Coupe (traded for TL)
2001 BMW z3 3.0i vert' (TOTALED RIP)
1991 NISSAN 300zx 2+2 (gave to brother)
2007 BMW z4 (traded for 6er)
Old 01-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbp View Post
if you started using a different key, that could be the problem. You could try rebooting the idrive by pressing the volume button, & both eject buttons on the cd & dvd units. This might fix the problem. Navigating the idrive at times, is very trying. If you do not have a owners manual, you can download a copy from bmw's website.

Good luck!

+1
HUD, Comfort Access

Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
I'm having a similar problem except I can't turn it on in I drive! Always turns back off and no beep or flash anymore on lock or unlock. My alternator recently died so this may have something to do with it. Let me know if you fix this issue