Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Ducati fills my BMW's gap

Mein Auto: '05 645ci
Post-collision repair problems

Hi all.
I just got my car back from the collision center after an accident repair.
Off the bat I've had a few problems that most likely are related to it in some way or another.
The minute I drive off the lot, "check engine" light, "SOS" malfunction light came on and "Voice command" doesn't work (after pressing the voice command button it "listens" but not recognizing the voice, then asks again and then just says: "voice entry is over".).
I've tried to speak to a collision SA but he seems not knowledgable in the car computer area and has even advised me that "You can't talk to the car because it doesn't have this option", when it clearly does.
I'm guessing that since he repairs took almost 2 months to complete and a headlight and a battery were replaced, it had be be programmed or reprogrammed and idrive got screw up.
Now, the Classic BMW Collision Center is a division of Classic BMW of Dallas, tx, so should I talk to the service manager there or at the collision center, since the SA isn't offering any solutions and saying that it isn't something that they did?
Ads by Google
Old 01-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
I would give your insurance company a call, & ask them to get involved.

Good Luck!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Ducati fills my BMW's gap

Mein Auto: '05 645ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbP View Post
I would give your insurance company a call, & ask them to get involved.

Good Luck!
Ha! It's the responsible party's insurance. It was hard enough to make them pay for OEM parts, etc. as it was. Seems that the less they pay the better off they are:-(
Old 01-30-2013, 07:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
You have the right to call your company, & have them make it right. They can get involved, & take the other insurance company to court. Tell them it all worked before the wreck, & that is all you expect!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 PM

Mein Auto: '04 M3 / '06 650i Cab
I would go back to the body shop with a list of issues. In this case they will send the car over to the dealer for programming etc.. . The body shop is supposed to return the car to you fixed. If there are problems they are the one getting paid by the insurance company so they need to fix any outstanding issues.
'02 Highlander - kid hauler
'01 330Ci - winter beater

Old 01-31-2013, 07:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
I would go to the collision center SA's manager. If he doesn't resolve it I would definitely get with the insurance company and have them work it out.

As a division of the main dealer did the main location input all your stuff and send the car over to the collision center? If that is the case I would also get with the original person who got you into the system since the collision guy is obviously clueless.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:48 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: BMW 650i Convertible
What usually happens is your insurance company sends you somewhere and pays for repairs then they would go after the other insurance company for the money they put in.
As for the problems you are having I don't know where the damage was done, from what you said it seems like the back end was wrecked. I would look into checking the wire looms that run from your trunk lid to the body they are so fragile and I have repaired mine. I was amazed at how many wires had snapped and some that were about to snap just by normal wear and tear. So to get a collision in the back would be really bad.
But like everyone else suggested it shouldn't be a tail light warranty (once they see your tail lights thats it). If things don't work take it back unless you made a deal to get some cash in your pocket for so so repairs.