Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 01-30-2013, 05:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335I Coupe
Stuck CD

My lady plugged a CD into her 335i sedan. Well..she forgot there was one in it already. I was amazed it would take a second one but our dealer says ...yep..it will. So..How can I get it out without paying for 1.5 hours of labor?
Ads by Google
Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 530XI
When i bought my baby it had two in the nav dvd drive. Tweezers and a fishing trip worked for me!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 Graygreen 325i
Not sure if this helps, but it happens to me all the time in my 2003 325i with just one CD in it.

When trying to eject the CD it get stuck after a few millimeters of the CD stick out from the dash.

If I push downwards on the edge of the CD sticking out at this stage (a second or two after having pressed the eject button) it usually proceeds to fully eject the CD. It must get hung up at the upper edge of the slot. Not sure how this works with two CDs.

Last edited by Rob325_in_AZ; 01-30-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 Z4
Me too

I just joined this forum for the same reason. I have a 2004 z4 with a business CD drive. I burned a CD and it got stuck. I can't get it out for anything. I was able to grab the CD with a needle nose pliers,but could not pull the cd out. I don't have a clue what the inside of the player looks like and what may be holding it. Is there any type of spec guide, or tech drawing I can look at? Help!!
Old 02-03-2013, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer2 View Post
I just joined this forum for the same reason. I have a 2004 z4 with a business CD drive. I burned a CD and it got stuck. I can't get it out for anything. I was able to grab the CD with a needle nose pliers,but could not pull the cd out. I don't have a clue what the inside of the player looks like and what may be holding it. Is there any type of spec guide, or tech drawing I can look at? Help!!
When you get a hold of it hit the eject, you should hear it try. That's when you pull.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 335I Coupe
She had traded her Z4 a few weeks ago. It would not take home recorded CD's either. BMW said it isn't supposed to play "home tunes". We finally got it ejected. Yayyy
Old 02-03-2013, 12:26 PM

Ok, I finally took off the air vent cover, then took the radio out , took the top off the radio and git the CD out. Now when I reinstalled the radio, it's got no power. I suspect it's, the anti theft feature. The manual say there is no manual entry of a code to reinstall, but it doesn't say what you have to do. It's just dead now..... Thanks guys....
Old 02-04-2013, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer2 View Post
Ok, I finally took off the air vent cover, then took the radio out , took the top off the radio and git the CD out. Now when I reinstalled the radio, it's got no power. I suspect it's, the anti theft feature. The manual say there is no manual entry of a code to reinstall, but it doesn't say what you have to do. It's just dead now..... Thanks guys....
Sounds a bit condescending, I wouldn't of taken it apart. But great excuse to get a new one!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:21 AM

Sorry, didn't mean to be condesending, I was just trying to be consice. I tried everything I could think of before taking things apart. I hit eject multiple times, I held eject down for 5 minutes, I disconnected the battery for 1 hour, I pulled on the CD with a needle nose pliers while hitting the eject, I just ran out of options...... When you open up the radio, the CD player is held in with 2 scews and a ribbon cable. It came out of the radio very easy. Then I was able to pull the CD out by wiggling it and holding up the little locks on the front of the insert. The power was off when I did this. The manual for the radio says very little about the anit-theft. Anything I seem to find on the internet is generic for BMW radios in general, and talks about how the unit will ask for a code. My manual for the Business CD only say that the anittheft is automatic and no manual code entry is necesassary. I don't know what that means....... sorry, I was really asking for help....
Old 02-04-2013, 04:22 PM

The anti-theft would be for the unit as a whole. If you're determined to make this one work, I would plug it back into the ribbon, without mounting and test it. Personally, I would just go for a new one. With the age of that one and the problems you've had I wouldn't trust it. When you test it and if you hear it spin up but it won't eject again, the ejector is broken. As you've seen the interior is plastic and not much of a way to fix it.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 AM

Partial Fix

Folks, here is what I found out on my issue with the stuck CD. As I stated above, I got a CD stuck, I took the Radio out and removed the CD. When I reinstalled the radio it was dead. I thought it might have been related to the Anti Theft. Wellllll no, it wasn't. I called a local radio repair shop that advertised on Ebay to fix Business CD Radio's for BMW's. When I told them the symptoms he suggested I look at the fuse on the back of the radio. I had checked fuses in the fuse box, but didn't realize there was one on the back of the radio itself. Sure enough there it was a 10 amp auto fuse stuck right into the back of the unit under the wiring harnes. I reaplaced the fuse and now the radio works. The issue now is that the CD player still thinks there is a CD in the machine. It won't allow a new CD to be input, and the display shows a cD in the unit. When you try to play the CD is says CD Error. If I try to eject the CD it does nothing. I think the CD unit is shot....Thanks for everyones help here....