Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 325i sports sedan
Question BMW 325i brake pads query!!

Hello BMW mates,

I recently got a warning message on my idrive system to replace the front brake pads,but in actual the vehicle has done only 10k miles so far and this so shocking. Whereas the average life of the brakepads should be atleast 50k miles.I have not used my vehicle at all as I was abroad for few years.
My vehicle doesn't cover under waranty now.
What you guys take on this ? This could be a sensor error?
How intelligent is idrive system to analyse the faults in your vehicle??

Your thoughts and views are much appreciated!!

Regards
vatz
Ads by Google
Old 01-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 330ci convertible
id imagine the idrive system is only telling you what the sensor is telling it. in this case, there are really two possibilities. either the pads need to be replaced and have been worn down enough to trip the sensor, or the sensor has gone bad. if you think the pads should be ok after 10k miles, then the best thing you could do is look at the actual pads on the car. if there is still a significant amount of pad material on the brakes, then i wouldnt worry too much about it, but if the material is running low, then it may be a good idea to get them replaced sometime in the near future. even if the sensor was correctly tripped, you can still drive the car for a while (ive read upwards 1000 miles or so) before absolutely needing to replace the pads.

in any case, go take a look at the brakes. take pictures if you need help knowing what you are looking at, but look at the actual brake pads and see how much pad material is actually left on them
Old 01-29-2013, 03:55 AM

Thumbs up Hiii

Thanks so much for your suggestion.
I will have the brake pads checked this weekend and let you know the status.
Like you said i hope its an issue with the sensors.
Last week i had a check and it said front brake pads will atleast run for another 15k but yesterday all of a sudden it asks me to get it replaced and its really strange.
Anyways let me get this checked and let you know what had gone wrong.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:24 PM

Hiiii

Got the pads checked and found it was the sensor issue and the sensor has been reset and the same pads can run for another 29k mi.
The warning light issue has been fixed but i have got something else in my mind(a different issue).
Kindly see my new post and respond thanks
Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 330ci convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatz View Post
Hiiii

Got the pads checked and found it was the sensor issue and the sensor has been reset and the same pads can run for another 29k mi.
The warning light issue has been fixed but i have got something else in my mind(a different issue).
Kindly see my new post and respond thanks
good news. hope your new issue is solved as easily
Old 01-31-2013, 09:10 PM

yup..thanks i will update about that also.