Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:19 PM

Mein Auto: Mini Cooper
Buying a new 330d, check my spec please! And a few Q

Hi guys, waiting to get my beamer when the new plate comes out. Here are my added options, what do you guys think:

330D M-sport with
- Auto
- Estoril blue metallic paint
- Black leather
- Visibilty package (ZVI)
- 19" Mstar-spoke style 403M alloys
- HK speakers
- BMW service inclusive

Also have some questions.

1) Tyre upgrades - should I try and upgrade my tyres, if so, what are the best options (winter/summer tyres)? - Considering im running on 19" alloys

2) M-sport brakes. Is this all just aesthetics, or are they worth getting - Doubt I will ever use my car for track use, so brake fade will prob not be an issue? If it is just aesthetics, does anybody have a picture of the stock vs the m-sport side by side for comparison?

3) The Media package - BMW business advanced seems so expensive, what do people think of this extra?

4) Is the BMW service inclusive plus a false economy?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by PeteRock; 01-31-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 01-31-2013, 04:06 PM
diesel evangelist

Mein Auto: Camry hybrid + MB e300D-T
Nice car! I envy your choices over there

I really have had good experience with Nokian tires. The WRG2 is an outstanding all-weather tire.

I've not heard any doubts about the stock brakes- the M-sport brakes are probably not worth whatever they charge you for that.

How much for the media package and what does it include? Same questions re. service plus.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:57 PM

Mein Auto: 335i M Sport
330D M Sport

My suggestion re-tires would be to go for the 18" Style 400 alloys with 18" tires. These wheels/tires look great and ride well. The 19s will give you a firmer rider and will be more prone to damage from pot-holes. Not sure that 19s would be a wise choice for UK roads ? 19" wheels and tires are also considerably more expensive to replace and they increase unsprung weight.

As for the M Sport brakes, yes, they are definitely worth having ($350 option for Canada). They are powerful, silent and look great as you can see in the photo below. The front rotors are larger, 370mm, and the rears are 345mm. Since the Brembo callipers are also larger than the standard ones, you can only fit 18' wheels or larger. Note: some after market 18" alloys will NOT fit over the Brembo callipers. That's why I went with the factory Style 415 alloys for my winter set-up (see below).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	L1001596.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	291.7 KB
ID:	360044  
2013 F30-335i M Sport, Glacier silver, 8 spd, black dakota w/walnut trim, premium pkg, 18" Style 400M wheels, adaptive M suspension, variable sport steering, M Sport brakes, front & Rear PDC, Sat radio, BMW Assist pkg.

Last edited by DerekS; 01-31-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:55 PM

Looks like you can only get the 415 turbine style on the modern line from the price list brochure. Is your's a modern line?

I have seen the reg 18" for M sport (the 400M) and they don't look as nice as the 19" ones. On my test drive I went out on 19"s, but then again I drive a mini cooper atm, so ride is not exactly smooth in that.

How much more are tyres as a ballpark having an extra inch added?

I wonder what the 20" M performance wheels are like for ride. They are ridic expensive though, so bit of a silly option.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM

Any other thoughts guys?! Going into the dealer tomorrow to talk numbers
Old 02-03-2013, 06:19 AM

Bought!

330d M sport in estoril blue
dakota black leather
media package - professional multimedia
visibility package
servotronic steering
19" M light 403 M alloys
Tinted windows
Sports seats
HK speakers

Excited, gets delivered in about 5 weeks with a nice new 13 plate

(sorry for shameless bump/brag post)
Old 02-03-2013, 06:28 AM
diesel evangelist

Mein Auto: Camry hybrid + MB e300D-T
Would love to see pics when you receive it. Enjoy!