Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcgrew1788 View Post
Yeah, I'm going to use the remaining 6 mos on the included service for my next oil change then start doing oil changes myself (have in the past). Then I'll start doing brakes/rotors and get a repair manual to start looking at fluids and such.
Your car is a beauty! Mine is the most humble of the E90 series, a '06 325i, but I sure love it.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:38 AM

Mein Auto: BLT335xi, e92 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BashedBarrique View Post
Your car is a beauty! Mine is the most humble of the E90 series, a '06 325i, but I sure love it.
Thanks, and that's what it's all about - driving what you love. Ideally I'd be driving a Saab 9-3 right now but the uncertainty with supply/warranty/etc... lead me to BMW. However, if I had the flexibilty to have a car that was a project or something I'd probably spring for one again. Those cars give driving experiences that, IMO, are unparalleled.
BMWCCA #489063

The BLT335xi - '11 BMW 335xi, M-Sport, Convenience, Premium, H/K sound, iDrive

Previous Rides:
'13 Cadillac ATS - Fired
'09 BMW 328xi - KIA by Bambi, reincarnated in Michigan
'11 Ford Fusion SEL
'08 Honda Accord Coupe
'01 Saab 9-3 2.0T
Old 02-11-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcgrew1788 View Post
Thanks, and that's what it's all about - driving what you love. Ideally I'd be driving a Saab 9-3 right now but the uncertainty with supply/warranty/etc... lead me to BMW. However, if I had the flexibilty to have a car that was a project or something I'd probably spring for one again. Those cars give driving experiences that, IMO, are unparalleled.

You could probably pick up an 8 to 10 year old Saab 9-3 that needed a little TLC for pretty cheap and make it a project or track day car.

If you botched something or didn't get it back together in the same day, no big deal since it wouldn't be your daily driver.

A quick search of Cars.com came up with a Black 2001 9-3 Viggen convertible with 84,000 miles for under 9 g's and it looks to be pretty clean. You could probably score a rougher one for much less.

At least it's fun to day dream.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:09 AM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
sorry to hear
Old 02-17-2013, 04:06 PM
dallas70

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashedBarrique View Post

I know Barrique Red is a hate it or love it color. I LOVE it!
That comment is on the money. When I was shopping for a 2006 CPO BMW for my wife in Christmas '08, I had it down to two choices: one in Barrique Red from a local dealership 10 miles away and the other in Jet Black but ~150 miles away. Both about 23k miles on the odometer but the dealer with the Red called me back twice to lower the price when he knew I wasn't crazy about the color. My wife loves getting a good deal, but she wouldn't have been okay with that shade of red, even if I could have bought it for about $2000 less than the black one I ended up getting her. Cars are too personal to settle for a color you don't want.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:12 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas70 View Post
Cars are too personal to settle for a color you don't want.

Absolutely. My Barrique Red Bimmer is different in every light; shimmering silvery cinnamon in bright sunshine, brooding purple in dark overcast and a languid Merlot in dappled sunlight. (To name just three.)

I pity the "run of the mill" BMW owners with their battleship grey, melanin challenged white, soulless silver and colorless black paint.

But to each his own.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 335i
^lol!^
Old 02-26-2013, 01:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 325i sport blue
Febreeze is just an odor mask. Search for an odor absorber such as Ona products. Ona block would work a bit better in your situation than the gel or liquid. You can spray the trunk with immunox to inhibit mold and mildew from growing plus it will kill any spores lurking around.

Funny I was reading over this forum earlier today and stopped because of the bickering . I then went to do some errands then hit a backroad I had been wanting to do for quite some time. The road eventually turned to dirt so I took it easy. Once I got on pavement the car was having trouble in the 2000-3500 range. If I could get it past the 3500 it seemed to run smooth but couldnt sustain the higher rpm shifting up and down thru corners and what not. The engine sounded like it was chugging and gulping for air or fuel. It stalled out on me and stopped 30 ft (slight up hill) from a safe shoulder. Lucky some one came by and was nice enough to help me push it the rest of the way so I wasnt sitting in the traffic lane. After a tow and a $80 taxi ride home I started searching the forums and voila back to this thread :lol:

What had happened was a plastic 5gallon water jug cracked at the very bottom and 5 gallons of water flooded the spare tire well and the battery well. Lucky I had a large towel in the car so while waiting for the tow truck I was able to remove the water. I noticed this hose about 1/8" or so in size. It seems like this hose might be an air gap for the fuel filler port or tank. I thought maybe some water got sucked into the gas tank. The electrical was working but thought it was odd the headlights were lighted on but the switch was in the off position. A quick on off at the switch got them to go off. When the tow truck driver unloaded the car at the repair shop my roadside assistance had me go to the left parking light front and rear tailight were on. Only the left side though! A few flicks of a few different switches and off they went.

So now it sits at the shop 30 miles away and here I read it could be as simple as a fuse .

Fuel pump and filter replacement. It most be solar flares or some cosmic rays. Seen at least a few others who had to replace pump and filter.

Last edited by raphen325i; 02-27-2013 at 02:00 AM. Reason: update