Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Just picked up my first BMW (2006 330i), and...

It drives really nice. The unfortunate thing is that it is out of warranty with 128000KM. Which is not much for the MY.

I've done my fair share of research on several forums and it looks like I have a few things I have to take care of.

First would be the seatbelt and airbag light that are constantly red, and second would be the passenger side auto mirror. That one is funny as it seems to have a mind of it's own and often ends up pointing to the sky. Third would be the run flats, or, the decision whether to keep them or not. They are loud!
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2013, 10:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 E46 330Ci
Hey congrats man, I just got my First BMW too. A 2004 Cic. Hope to see pics of yours soon

Last edited by mazinxd; 02-02-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromtrooper77 View Post
It drives really nice. The unfortunate thing is that it is out of warranty with 128000KM. Which is not much for the MY.

I've done my fair share of research on several forums and it looks like I have a few things I have to take care of.

First would be the seatbelt and airbag light that are constantly red, and second would be the passenger side auto mirror. That one is funny as it seems to have a mind of it's own and often ends up pointing to the sky. Third would be the run flats, or, the decision whether to keep them or not. They are loud!
The airbag light on would indicate either of two things....
1. The car was in an accident which was severe enough to fire an airbag

or

2. (The more likely scenario) Someone had a door panel off to replace a faulty window regulator, and forgot to disconnect the battery first, which can trigger the airbag light.

In either case the light must be reset by the dealer.

The passenger side mirror has a "parking assist function" where it tilts downward when you shift into reverse.....READ YOUR OWNER`S MANUAL....

And yes, runflats DO suck donkey balls....replace them with "normal" tires and get AAA Plus, which gives you free towing within a 100 mile radius....

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 02-07-2013, 06:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
The airbag light on would indicate either of two things....
1. The car was in an accident which was severe enough to fire an airbag

or

2. (The more likely scenario) Someone had a door panel off to replace a faulty window regulator, and forgot to disconnect the battery first, which can trigger the airbag light.

In either case the light must be reset by the dealer.

The passenger side mirror has a "parking assist function" where it tilts downward when you shift into reverse.....READ YOUR OWNER`S MANUAL....

And yes, runflats DO suck donkey balls....replace them with "normal" tires and get AAA Plus, which gives you free towing within a 100 mile radius....
1. No collisions on the front end.

2. Park Assist works. The mirror IS faulty in that it folds all the way outward. The manual does not state that. It's actually a pretty common issue.

Found out that my tires are not runflats, just really ****ty tires!